Author Topic: use of bombers  (Read 699 times)

Offline RTO

• Copper Member
use of bombers
« on: January 10, 2005, 12:01:35 PM »
This subject has been debated, threaded and whatever else people do with it.  Today I have filmed the very thing that is the root of the issue.  This is not a ding in anyway on the individual I observed and filmed but was only taken to illustrate CLEARLY how some use bombers in the MA because limitations have not been appropriately implemented.
If the process of including the film were simplified I'd have done so in this post.  However that withstanding I have sent it to HTC/Skuzzy and am anxious for a forum response.

RLTW

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
use of bombers
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 12:11:07 PM »
Response to what?

Offline RTO

• Copper Member
use of bombers
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 01:39:20 PM »
previous threads were posted pertaining to this topic you can read.   The response waited on is a decision one way or the other from the HTC in the "FORUM".

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
use of bombers
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 01:47:59 PM »
Originally posted by Matrix
previous threads were posted pertaining to this topic you can read.   The response waited on is a decision one way or the other from the HTC in the "FORUM".

Don't you think their decision (agree or disagree with it) has been made a long time ago?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline RTO

• Copper Member
use of bombers
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 02:32:24 PM »
If there was a decision made do you know what it was?  Does anybody???   I don't recall one being made.  Maybe there was we just were not told "this is the way it's going to be".The impression left was it was just ignored.  Addressing/reviewing/deciding/feedbackon this issue or any other would better serve the AH community. Emphasis on feedback!

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
use of bombers
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 12:34:16 PM »
Hey matrix, email me the film at rshubert@excite.com and I will put it up using our BoPs FTP site.

shubie

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
use of bombers
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 07:51:39 PM »
Here's the film:

attack lancs

download it and play it.  At least the guy isn't part of a proper horde.  Horde members would never do that.

shubie

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
use of bombers
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2005, 08:55:04 AM »
In the last two weeks I have fought Lancs, B26s and Ju88 that were looping and rolling.
Not a corksrew which was a classic Lanc defense but full on loops and rolls.
Funny how we have structural limits for fighters, but apparently NONE for buffs.
I agree though it's getting about time that HTC addressed all the current buff problems/misuse or should that be ABUSE.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
use of bombers
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 09:21:31 AM »
well my lancs b24s or what ever always fall apart when i try  to out manourver a fighter. specialy b24j  the wings always snap on me

rogerdee
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline Rasker

• Silver Member
use of bombers
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2005, 11:13:47 PM »
Lancs (at least when eggs were gone) were capable of performing a full loop in real life.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
use of bombers
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2005, 12:35:51 AM »
As far as I know, the only official response on this issue was from HT, where he mentions, "I do not wish to limit shallow angle dive bomb runs".

Let's hope he changes minds someday.

Just as I foresaw, despite the overall ease and increased accuracy of the new&improved bombsight calibration method, nothing has changed at all concerning the misuse of bombers.

Unless;

1) some practical limitations are implemented
2) bombers are given a worthy target

nothing will ever stop the oversized-jabo role the buffs play in the MA.

ps) the cities or factories are not worthy targets.

Offline SCDR

• Copper Member
use of bombers
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2005, 08:05:15 PM »
Originally posted by Kweassa
As far as I know, the only official response on this issue was from HT, where he mentions, "I do not wish to limit shallow angle dive bomb runs".

LOL! When everything else is "supposed to be as realistic as possible"
and you see that type of comment. No wonder people have given
up on this game.

SCDR

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
use of bombers
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2005, 09:47:36 PM »
Originally posted by Kweassa

Let's hope he changes minds someday.

Just as I foresaw, despite the overall ease and increased accuracy of the new&improved bombsight calibration method, nothing has changed at all concerning the misuse of bombers.

Unless;

1) some practical limitations are implemented
2) bombers are given a worthy target

nothing will ever stop the oversized-jabo role the buffs play in the MA.

ps) the cities or factories are not worthy targets.

I agree with you, if you change that line to read "SOME buffs".  I never do it, and my squaddies never do it, afaik.  IMO, these guys are (mostly) the equivalent of furballing thumb-candy jockies, without sufficient patience to climb to altitude before bombing.

I HATE the new calibration mode, btw.  It makes it too easy, and removes some of the excitement of calibrating and fighting off fighters after the IP.  And it made no real difference--my bombing accuracy was real good before, and real good after.  (brag mode off)

And we do have worthy targets.  See my avatard.  All your bases are belong to me.  :D

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
use of bombers
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2005, 09:51:42 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
In the last two weeks I have fought Lancs, B26s and Ju88 that were looping and rolling.
Not a corksrew which was a classic Lanc defense but full on loops and rolls.
Funny how we have structural limits for fighters, but apparently NONE for buffs.
I agree though it's getting about time that HTC addressed all the current buff problems/misuse or should that be ABUSE.

Trust me kev, they are not fully aerobatic.  Any g in those maneuvers, and off come the wings.

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
use of bombers
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2005, 04:42:45 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th

Agreed, I drove a P-47 once and an A-20 came up my tail, and you Bet I couldn't outturn it! The thing slaughtered me...

Point is something like a boston or A-20 outturns fighters! I mean....comon...outturns fighters! something must be wrong there...