Author Topic: Time for a name change?  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Scaevola

• Copper Member
Time for a name change?
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2005, 07:11:08 AM »
I went into the "Combat Theatre" for the first time a few months ago and had a blast, there was about 20 people in and a nice even split in sides (pacific scenario). The fights were good and the responses you got from a good fight whether you won or lost were encouraging for a relative newbie who is still learning the ropes.

Since that lone night though all I seem to have run into in the CT is side imbalance and a MA attitude to flying and open channel BS.

My last visit there a couple of days ago consisted of everyone being on the allied side (4-5 people) and me on the Axis side (after changing),of course the Allies were land grabbing. I have to ask myself what is the point of this and what challenge do they get?

As soon as I upped and put a stall on one of the land grabs you get a mouthful of "Dweeb, Loser, HO merchant" etc. In my book 4 v 1 = take any shot you can, I can live with verbal abuse but it would be nice to just play the game and have a civil chat with someone on open.

Maybe a little bit of organisation between the people who like to play in the CT, give a night and time, if I knew at a certain time certain people were going to be in there then I would have a look about that time. It's too much of a pain to keep re-logging from the MA just to see there'e only 2 peeps in CT. I know not everyone reads the BBS but from numbers that I have seen here outstrip what I see in CT.

Maybe an Autobalance thingy of some sort? That sort of thing wouldn't bother me but I'm aware that some would see this as being too restrictive.

I really would like to see interest in the CT to improve but whether a name change would be sufficient I dont know, I like "Campaign Theatre".
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 07:13:57 AM by Scaevola »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Time for a name change?
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2005, 07:30:25 AM »
Maybe a little bit of organisation between the people who like to play in the CT, give a night and time, if I knew at a certain time certain people were going to be in there then I would have a look about that time. It's too much of a pain to keep re-logging from the MA just to see there'e only 2 peeps in CT.

Thursday nights are going to be your best bet. Its the usual "squad" night. Its not what it used to be but if something organized is going to happen, its then.

As soon as I upped and put a stall on one of the land grabs you get a mouthful of "Dweeb, Loser, HO merchant" etc. In my book 4 v 1 = take any shot you can, I can live with verbal abuse but it would be nice to just play the game and have a civil chat with someone on open.

This is typical of a few CT regulars. Some arent happy unless they are flapping their gums and spouting off from the safety of thier keyboards. Its best not to respond to it because they thrive on it. I havent quite mastered that though.

I went into the "Combat Theatre" for the first time a few months ago and had a blast, there was about 20 people in and a nice even split in sides (pacific scenario). The fights were good and the responses you got from a good fight whether you won or lost were encouraging for a relative newbie who is still learning the ropes.

Take the good with the bad. The CT can be a blast as youve seen. Its used to be like this the majority of the time. The CT is in a funk right now and needs an influx of decent people looking to have some fun to help the rest of the CT "regulars" pull their heads out of thier tulips and get the thing rolling again.

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Time for a name change?
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2005, 02:18:14 PM »
Get rid of the MA and make the CT the main arena!!!!!