Author Topic: Your Family Guy Questions are Answered  (Read 259 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Your Family Guy Questions are Answered
« on: January 19, 2005, 01:58:16 AM »
Fox Entertainment President Gail Berman announced that the net would air its first original episode of Family Guy since 2002 on May 1. The network announced that it was reviving the animated series last May because of viewer demand and through-the-roof DVD sales. Nearly 3 million copies have been sold, making Family Guy the fourth-highest selling television series, per Fox.

American Dad, another animated comedy from Seth MacFarlane, will premiere following Family Guy on May 1. The network will also roll out Life on a Stick, a sitcom about teenagers working at a mall food court, on March 23.

A spate of high-profile talent is also slated to guest-star on various series. Billy Campbell is set to appear on several episodes of The O.C. beginning March 3; Albert Brooks (news) will be a guest voice in the 350th episode of The Simpsons on May 1; and Tom Petty (news), Shannon Elizabeth (news), Brendan Fraser (news) and Jason Bateman will lend their voices to episodes of King of the Hill this season.

You know you want it!
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 06:34:24 AM »
Now all they have to do is bring back Firefly and everything will be right in the universe.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 07:16:33 AM »
...not gonna happen. "Serenity" is scheduled to hit the big screen in September. There's a 2-sequel option, so if the film does well, there will be more movies. If it doesn't do well (and it'll be interesting to see if Mr. Whedon can put 9 characters on the screen for two hours and make them immediately engaging to the general public), you can hope for a TV show.
So here's hoping for a movie franchise.

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 09:13:21 AM »
Bring back The Tick. Get rid of all reality shows and execute the producers.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 09:36:01 AM »
I havent seen The Tick since it was cancelled on comedy central a long time ago.  

Wait are we talking about the cartoon version or the real version?

BTW - Too bad Duckman cant have a prime time slot instead of 6am sat morning on USA
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 10:03:10 AM »
Family guy was leagues above the new shows on the networks nowadays. Newsradio was another great one. I'm still waiting for that one on dvd.