Author Topic: Blue Plane Weenies  (Read 846 times)

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Blue Plane Weenies
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2005, 02:43:06 PM »
I blame the "Hell's Angels" ......   That's where all(most) the CT regulars went....

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Blue Plane Weenies
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2005, 02:54:10 PM »
Yup Soda is right, we regularly have 6-10 Hells Angels up in the MA, nearly all of whom were the backbone of the CT.

I always look to see if there is anybody in the CT first, and then if not I go to the MA, but with numbers so low...well... it feeds on itself, nobody goes because nobody is there.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Blue Plane Weenies
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2005, 03:26:16 PM »
Originally posted by 214thCavalier
Well personally i have never seen an F6F out turning a zeke, unless of course its at high speed where it should be more manouverable.
Problem is if theres less than 10 players in the CT i usually don't bother looking.
As for squads, they are not needed, in fact they can be a turn off.
We have all seen where a squad rolls up and they all fly together no matter how much they outnumber the other side by.
CT also does not need dedicated axis players, especially if they throw their teddies in the corner and walk away over a percieved bias against their rides.
I say percieved because, well i can't see it.

All CT needs is flexible players who are willing to fight in any plane and for any side.

But getting the core to tempt others in is the problem.

Yes and No is my response to the last part of your statement.

For the "Yes" aspect I say the CT does need some dedicated Axis squadrons. I can remember several times when as a squadron VF-17 would show up for squadron night and be planning on hoping in our F4U's or whatever the USN aircraft of the setup was and end up flying for the Axis for the entire setup and regardless of it being a Pacific setup or whatever.

On the "No" side of the coin its not always about being flexible in playing the game. I can't tell you how many times I have had to switch sides in order to keep the balance and keep the game going for everyone.

BTW I no longer play AH except in H2H and even then I have to do it for short spurts...no time to play due to real life.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

storch

Blue Plane Weenies
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2005, 03:54:39 PM »
#1. Defense noun  not to be confused with incorrect pommie spelling Defence.  pommies are known to mis-spell a plethora of other words such as but not limited to labor, color, etc.

#2.  you are a dweeb inspite of only 5 kills in an La-7

#3.  a good offensive/abusive word is universal in it's appeal.  we have adopted "pommie" into our lexicon as well.

100% incorrect, you are still wrong.  you don't receive a passing grade  :D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 03:57:17 PM by storch »

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
Blue Plane Weenies
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2005, 04:09:55 PM »
Oldman, sorry but I wouldn't restrict that to just PAC setups. My last bunch of times in the CT the experience was just plain ugly.  
If you're going to get decent crowds back in the CT you've got to provide something other than a mini-MA.  What you've got in the CT right now (when there are actually players in it) is mob rule: kill by any means available (preferably without risk), insults and accusations instead of smack-talk, and arrogance instead of ability.
It's too bad. When the CT was good I enjoyed the hell out of it - even when it was only so-so I sort of enjoyed it. Right now I'd rather just go to the MA. I don't even check to see how many are playing in the CT on the arena list anymore let alone go into the CT to see who is playing.
I wish you luck with it, but to be honest I think the CT is done.

asw
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline FW190Guy

• Zinc Member
Blue Plane Weenies
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2005, 07:53:43 PM »
All the allied squads are gone and its because the allied planes are ubber?

very funny  :rofl

The only time a navy bird out turns my zero is when I am too fast in the turn.

The other night I kept getting oldman...btw , GW and a guy named grun...something. Grun was always able to rtb but so was I.  GW kept getting my in a spiral climb but he would end up loosing his energy and dive away.

However, my zero took amazing hits with only a fuel leak from both the F4F and F6F.

If anything, the zero is over modeled, not the blue birds.

Nice post "oldguy"
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 07:58:43 PM by FW190Guy »

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Blue Plane Weenies
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2005, 08:45:58 PM »
I have yet to log into the CT or MA this month.  My wife is expecting; she is 22 months along.  We’ve had a few scares; it’s a pretty risky pregnancy and she’s on bed rest.  So I’ve been spending more time being a husband and dad.  I will be back though.  It looks like the CT is no fun without me…

:)

eskimo

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Blue Plane Weenies
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2005, 09:04:23 PM »
she is 22 months along.

You marry an elephant or something?

Hope everything works out well with your wife and new one.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Blue Plane Weenies
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2005, 09:20:10 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
You marry an elephant or something?

Hope everything works out well with your wife and new one.

lol, weeks...

eskimo

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Blue Plane Weenies
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2005, 12:22:48 AM »
Caught myself rereading that 22 months a few times too.   LOL

Good luck to you and Mrs Eskimo, sir.   Hope everything turns out OK.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Blue Plane Weenies
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2005, 03:04:46 PM »
I always liked it. I'd have been there with ya ifluff'n I coulda. Ya'll promote the place. Grab some o those new guys by the ear and show them what fun REALLY is. :)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Blue Plane Weenies
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2005, 05:03:03 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
My wife is expecting; she is 22 months along.  We’ve had a few scares; it’s a pretty risky pregnancy and she’s on bed rest.  

Sorry I've been away, Eskimo.

My wife is a DES daughter.  She went into contractions on Christmas Eve at 20 weeks.  Two weeks later the OBGYN put her in the hospital, feet elevated, until she was 33 weeks.  Kate was thus born 7 weeks early, at about 4 pounds.  Spent the next four weeks in the ICN.

She is now half-way through her first year at MIT.

It's an ugly, stressful time for you, Eskimo, but modern medicine is pretty amazing, and it is all worthwhile.

As you will see.

- oldman (father, also, of subsequent twin boys, now 15)