Author Topic: just a suggestion...  (Read 1948 times)

Offline pat judah

• Zinc Member
just a suggestion...
« on: December 21, 2004, 02:43:13 AM »
saw the questionare posted in AH2 this evening and I thik it was a great idea but i have a couple things id like to say/suggest.

1) after i selected Pear Harbor as my choice, I got to thinking that its really not a good choice by me or as a scenario as it can not be played out as it was Dec 7th. This was a total surprise attack and i dont see how we can change the tragic outcome of that day in a scenario.

2) I didn't see any selection for a GV battle. Might be a nice change of pace..

thanks and if theres anything i can do to help out, please let me know. Be more than happy to lend a hand

flkjkt21

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
just a suggestion...
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 08:23:45 AM »
Don't worry about it. First off we are getting a feel of what the general populace likes. From that we will construct the plan for 2005. So there is always Dec. 7th 2005.

Next actually have done this scenario in the past and worked out things for not suprise but having the U.S. not launch until a IJN icon is visually spotted. And then of course we switch sides so you play both the IJN and the US. And the winner is based on who does better both on defense and offense.

As for GV battle .. only one we are considering is Kursk or a similiar eastern front scenario that would have air and land (because we have T34s and Panzers).

Thanks for the input.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline pat judah

• Zinc Member
just a suggestion...
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 10:00:03 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I'd love to help out or somehow become involved with scenarios or anything else you could use an extre hand in. May not be the best pilot in the world but, I am a great co-ordinator. Let me know one way or the other. Happy holidays to you and your family.

flkjkt21

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
just a suggestion...
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 04:54:37 PM »
Having been in command situations for several pearl events, I can attest to the opinion that this is one of the more enjoyable events.

The suprise element being replaced with knowing the enemy is coming, but holding launch until visual sighting just amps up the event like nothing I've participated in yet.  You know they are out there, you wait for it, you deal with false reports, then the utter chaos and confusion of launching while under attack and clearing the reports and orders and pleas for help while looking for the raise the gear lever.

I hope you do enter the scenario fray, it doesn't get any better than this :)
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline pat judah

• Zinc Member
just a suggestion...
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 04:59:31 PM »
COOL! that sheds a whole new light on my opinion towards PH scenario. I am just getting into flying these things and did participate in Rangoon event on the allied side. Thanks for the info. Happy holidays to you and your family.

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
just a suggestion...
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 05:01:38 PM »
I participated in the first one. And yes, there was nothing like it in my opinion. You know you are going to get hammered, you know that most of you are going to die early on .. but its sort of like taking a stand at Alamo. You know you will lose but fight to take off and get into the sky even still to see if you can get up and take a bunch with you.

Was very intense and then playing the other side adds a new dimension.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline koda76

• Copper Member
      • http://home.earthlink.net/~dwdishman/
just a suggestion...
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2004, 11:06:20 AM »
Voted for Mid-Way:aok

Offline tonyki61

• Copper Member
Pearl Harbor What if's
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2004, 08:00:33 AM »
Went to a gaming convention and for 5 days they played out many what if senarios of the pearl harbor attack.Unfortunetly
the U.S didn't win any of them.:eek: :confused: :(

Offline ROC

• Platinum Member
just a suggestion...
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2004, 05:22:09 PM »
That's because I didn't play in those :) lol

No, really, that's it.

Loved Peal Harbor.  I was Fighter CO in one event,  and started with the IJN.

I spent many long weeks training the IJN on why the Zekes would kick the tar out of the P-40s and F4F's, due to our alt advantage, and our ability to wipe out the fighters as they were still grabbing alt.

We won, handily, then switched sides.

I then got to tell the pilots that just beat the crap out of the Allies that I lied, we should have been slaughtered and here's why...

Spent 2 weeks training on how to kill those paper and cardboard zekes.

We won  :)

That's some fun stuff, when you get a great event like that going.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
just a suggestion...
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2005, 06:08:34 AM »
Voted for Malta, only because my "blue" Malta Spit V and a Malta Spit V (norm desert camouflage) are in game. Be nice to try a scenario based on "Op Calendar".
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline gnubee

• Copper Member
just a suggestion...
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2005, 06:36:23 PM »
Personally... I think anything flkjkt suggests should be resoundingly ignored...

He's a big doodeeeehead!
:D

Hahah...

Hi flk and the rest of the AH community!  I just wanted to say that even though I'm out of the game (planning to be back soon) I think the idea of a GV battle is a great one!  :aok

to the dynamite gang....  and of course my beloved WoD!

Ps.  Flk... you are still my favorite DoooDeeeHead!!!!   :rofl

-Scott "gnubee" Bell

Offline HB555

• Platinum Member
just a suggestion...
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2005, 07:35:18 PM »
I may have flown in that Pearl Harbor Scenario with ROC. I know he has lied to me on several occasions. (LOL)
Been flying PH scenarios since Air Warrior in black and white and always have had a good time, and, like ROC, playing to the strength of the plane you are in vrs the weakness of the opposing plane will generally make you a winner, and your side a winner, if everyone does the same.
Looking forward to participating, ROC, and trying to get my squad fired up about it, too.
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
just a suggestion...
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2005, 09:41:48 AM »
I played it twice in AW. It was a blast. Looking forward to it here. Has anyone made a good Pearl map?

~AoM~

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
just a suggestion...
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2005, 12:05:21 PM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
Has anyone made a good Pearl map?
I believe the CM Terrain Team have it in hand....  ;)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun