Author Topic: New P-51B skins submitted today  (Read 2411 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
New P-51B skins submitted today
« on: January 19, 2005, 11:14:50 AM »
I just submitted these skins to HTC.    Can't seem to login to ah-skins.com to upload them there, but I will put them up there when the login problem is fixed.   Hope you guys like 'em!

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 04:22:55 PM »
I can't logon to ah-skins either.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 04:40:44 PM »
Very Nice Oboe-San! !

Do you do requests?  How do you feel about B-24's?
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 05:50:34 PM »
Thank you, sir!   I'm working my way up to bombers and have been mulling over a B-26 and B-17; but what particular '24 did you have in mind?

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 03:33:48 AM »
Would like to have a 90thBG 320thBS OD Green B-24J With The exact Shark's Mouth (Like over in the RAAF LIBERATOR post), white Skull and Bombs over a OD green background and the red rudders. Generic or whatever nose art you want to add.

OR

An 8th AF OD Green B-24. 44thBG (CIRCLE A) or 389thBG (CIRCLE C). Similar to below:

If you want to do it I can track you down markings, numbers & nose art for a specific A/C.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2005, 04:28:45 AM by Jester »
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 09:05:22 PM »
I'm sure something can be worked out here - but prolly should wait until 2.02 specularity control is enabled for green drab skins.

Greebo, United any of you other B-24 skinners - it may be a while 'afore I work myself up to this beauty, so ifluff'n you guys got the urge, have at it!

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2005, 09:54:58 PM »
Being from Texas I feel it my duty to give that Miss Dallas a ride:lol
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Sp4de

• Silver Member
      • http://www.freewebs.com/decommissisoned1/
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2005, 10:56:03 PM »
Originally posted by oboe
Thank you, sir!   I'm working my way up to bombers and have been mulling over a B-26 and B-17; but what particular '24 did you have in mind?

NOOOOOOO you cant do b17 skins!!!! noooooooo youll make mine look bad!! damn you!!!!!!!! lol:lol :D

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2005, 08:02:22 AM »
Not to worry Sp4de, your B-17 is a beauty.   And I have a few more fighters to work out of my system before I try a bomber!

Offline thebest1

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2005, 09:17:26 AM »
Hey Oboe can u help me out? i need to know what i need to cover up in that alph thinc cause im making a P51B (captured :) ) and even the exhaust doesnt come out!

heres a quick pic i took, still needs weathering and stuff and i have to fix the letters but i need to know all the things i have to _a thing.
where is the prop and the wheels on the .bmp too?

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2005, 09:23:29 AM »
Love those P-51Bs Oboe. Not sure if HTC would accept a B-24D like Flak Bait for the MA.

With so many people working on B-24s I think it would be selfish to submit more than about six skins. I've worked on five so far, the RAAF and Queen Mae are already submitted, and the PB4Y-1, the olive drab "Naughty Nan" and 70 Sqn RAF night scheme are pretty much done pending the 2.02 specularity switch. I'd really like to do that 90th BG scheme with the shark mouth, but still need an entire aircraft's worth of markings for it. I can't find any pictures of a whole one, just the noseart. Anyone got a piccy of one?

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2005, 12:44:09 PM »
Thebest1-

If you want to eliminate the default nose art, kill markings banner on the fuselage and national insignia, there are 3 files you must modify:

P51BART1_a.bmp, P51BART2_a.bmp, and MARKING_a.bmp

These files should be 256x256 bmps filled with pure black - x000000.    You also need to include the corresponding bmp files in your custom skin folder for the a/c (P51BART1.bmp, P51BART2.bmp, and MARKING.bmp).

The prop blades, landing gear, wheels and exhaust stubs are in the file P51BSID.bmp file.   You may have accidentally sprayed over them?

Greebo-

Thanks, I didn't start out to do so many 51Bs, but not many people are doing them and its a great bird with plenty of skinning options in spite of its texture problems.    I agree about the B-24D - after a plane is up to the new standard skin layout, HTC is going to be a real stickler for accuracy in skins.
Go after that 90th BG B-24!    I can't help you with photos, but maybe Jester can.

Hey anybody know what happened to nopoop?  Haven't heard peep out of him here for quite a while.

Offline Majors

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2005, 10:43:45 AM »
Hi Oboe

I am astounded at the great job you and all the others up here do with the skins.  I am just too old to figure out how it is done.

As an old retired military airplane driver, one of my hobbies is aircraft markings and paint schemes, Allied aircraft WWII.

I have an extensive library and would be pleased to assist anyone in any complicated markings or paint schemes they might want to create.

I noted that you might move up to bombers.  Please note that the Brits used B26's in North Africa in WWII.  I could get you some pics of B26's with the dark earth, light earth, sky blue paint and RAF roundels with some squad markings if you decided you wanted to do one.

Also, I hope that someone gets some P51B RAF skins up in the game sometime soon.  Brits used a number of them in WWII.  Need to fashion a "Malcomb Hood" to go with them.

Keep up the good work, really great.

Majors
249 RAF
Oldest Yank in the RAF

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2005, 04:20:30 PM »
Majors:

First let me thank you for your service to this country.   I have a ton of respect for you guys who wear/wore the uniform.   Which airplane did you drive?   When were you in?

And thanks for your compliments!   We all appreciate it; it helps keep us going.   I'm nowhere near the league of a Waffle, Fester, or Greebo and the rest of the masters, but I'm learning something with every skin I do.

We're all glad to hear of more library resources - if you have a scanner and access to the AH Picture Hangar you can jump in any time when people post here asking for help - in fact I may have a question in a later post about a P-47 I'm looking at doing.

Bombers are still a ways away for me, but I'm starting to think about them now and mull over subjects.   Usually I do 2 or 3 skins per bird, since so much time is invested in rivet/panel lines.
If you have a specific RAF B-26 in mind, post a pic!   I looked through my "British Warplanes of WWII" book and found only a single profile of a Martin used in North Africa in 1942.   That one would be nice, although I have no images of upper/lower wing surfaces.

Per your request for an RAF P-51B - I do have one in game already:

It should be coming to you when you are in game, but there are a lot of skins to download, so alternatively you could go to the HTC website download page and DL the whole skin pack.

!

Offline sullie363

• Nickel Member
      • Birds of Prey
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2005, 06:25:01 PM »
Now that screenshot there of the RAF P51 doesn't have the U.S. insignia over the left RAF symbol as the one in the game does.  Which one is correct?
Birds of Prey Raptors
Birds of Prey Film Making Team
Birds of Prey Trainer Corps

<S> PaulB