Author Topic: Comms  (Read 851 times)

Offline MadBull

• Copper Member
Comms
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2005, 11:40:20 AM »
I also loose vox alot lately.
But now that I think about it.  I hardly ever lost vox when I used my onboard sound. ( AC 97 ) Maybe once a day if I played all day.
 But I just got the Audigy 2 zs about a week or so ago and now I loose it  alot.
 So now I'm wondering if it could have something to do with the sound card.
Does the majority of us in here that loose vox have a sound card?  Might be worth looking in to.

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
Comms
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2005, 11:58:40 AM »
I been using the onboard sound on my MB for awhile now.  Its the AC 97 also.  I never lost vox until the last few patches.  Now I losing vox 3 times a night if not more.  Something definately wrong here.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline VoX

• Copper Member
Comms
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2005, 03:30:40 PM »
Lost it completely tonight and cannot get it to work again, no ammount of relogging in and out will sort it :confused:

Seems to be mostly a weekend when there are greater numbers of people online which would suggest to me that the network cant handle the requests.  :eek:

Seen a squaddy with the same problem earlier and just put it down to his access, since happened to me a number of others complained of same thing on open channel. There would appear to be a fundamental flaw in bandwidth capabilities somewhere.

BTW Europe here and a 512k connex to internet.

Cheers VoX.
Shoot! I smell Zack! Doom's a Fairy, Jimmy's a drunk, RT is very suspicious!
how do I start my engine...no seriously, How?

Offline MadBull

• Copper Member
Comms
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2005, 10:14:14 PM »
Another thing I noticed is when it goes out for one it usually goes out for alot. At least within a few min. span.

So now when I see some one say they lost vox I know mine will be out usually within 5 min.

I' don't think it has anything to do with the connection. I run a cable modem. But it is surley something.

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
Comms
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2005, 10:34:40 PM »
I use on-board Real-tek AC 97 w/dial-up and haven't lost vox in the two month I've had this rig, but I do get complaints about slerred speach after midnight.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Comms
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2005, 09:29:15 AM »
Originally posted by Clifra Jones
I'd have to say that would be a major coincidence. The times it happens there are a lot of people complaining about it in the MA. It doesn't seem to be a random thing, like one guy loses vox. It seems to happen to people in groups. I wonder if we could isolate where in the world people are when it happens.

:LOST VOX, LOCATION XXXXXX

Yes, we are all running AH
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Comms
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2005, 12:08:48 PM »