Author Topic: <S> to Strat squads  (Read 1494 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
<S> to Strat squads
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2005, 11:06:07 AM »
Lye-El

As a new guy here you cannot really win.  People will tell you to fly  and die so you can learn.  The reality is, fly by yourself and you will get ganged by the same people.  Not mach fun or learnig there.  Just a lot of time climing.  Flying with the hord wont do it either cause even though it is safe, the vets will beat you to the kill or there wont even be a fight.  

You need to find a few guys and fly with them.  Two or three total and just go looking for fighters (not a hord.  No sence in getting ito a 3 on 15).  This way you can get into a fight, and someone can wach your six if you get in troble.  After all, you learn by spending time in the air and not in the tower.  I am on every night if you want to team up but I am afraid you would end up having to clear my six :D

Eventually however, you will enjoy getting in to a plane flying low over the water, get into a 3 on 1 and come back to land your kills.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
<S> to Strat squads
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2005, 11:14:27 AM »
As a new guy here you cannot really win. People will tell you to fly and die so you can learn. The reality is, fly by yourself and you will get ganged by the same people. Not mach fun or learnig there. Just a lot of time climing. Flying with the hord wont do it either cause even though it is safe, the vets will beat you to the kill or there wont even be a fight.

You need to find a few guys and fly with them. Two or three total and just go looking for fighters (not a hord. No sence in getting ito a 3 on 15). This way you can get into a fight, and someone can wach your six if you get in troble. After all, you learn by spending time in the air and not in the tower. I am on every night if you want to team up but I am afraid you would end up having to clear my six  

Eventually however, you will enjoy getting in to a plane flying low over the water, get into a 3 on 1 and come back to land your kills.

Great advice and True!

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
<S> to Strat squads
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2005, 11:54:02 AM »
exellent post lye-El.
this is exactly my point.

no one started playing this game as an ace. we all got our butt kicked, but we moved on, we didnt gave up, and went for GVs or manned acks, and we learned.

now days i see alot of new guys doing exactly what you describe, they cant hendle it, so they give up on trying to learn, thinking "wow i could never beat this guy" and the settle for flying with the horde and using field guns to get their kills.

well, i have no right to criticize you, but i found this phenomenon (which is becoming more and more common unfortunatly) well just frustrating.

i cant order or demnand you to stop playing the way you do, i can only offer my help. teaching you.

its fairly simple actualy, all you need is a will to learn, there are alot of vets out there that would love to help out newbies, all you need is too ask.

visit the training arena, ask on channel 200, post on the training forum, email AH trainers ( a bunch of great guys who help out new guys on their free time)

dedalos advise is one of the best ways to learn, find people that want the same thing as you and just hang around with them, learn the trade.

dont be ashamed to ask for help or dumb questions (ignore the alt F4 tards :) ) and never ever give up.

you will be amazed how fast you climb the learning curve.
i started working with a bunch of new guys acouple of weeks ago, they are playing this game for barely 2 months and are allready landing multiple kill sorties.

so to sum things up, there are alot of great guys willing to help out new guys who want to learn ACMs, its up to the newbie himself to decide if he will take the challenge of learning the trade of air to air fighting, or choose the "easy" way, who demand much less skill, killing buildings, fighting inside a horde, or using manned ack\ GVs to get kills.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
<S> to Strat squads
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2005, 02:19:57 PM »
I don't get it... If you are no good in fighters then you need to keep getting killed untill you get good in fighters.... the more times you get into fights the sooner you get better.

killing outhouses does no good at all.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
<S> to Strat squads
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2005, 02:44:01 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I don't get it... If you are no good in fighters then you need to keep getting killed untill you get good in fighters.... the more times you get into fights the sooner you get better.

killing outhouses does no good at all.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

As long as you get a chance to fight.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
<S> to Strat squads
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2005, 04:21:45 PM »
Thanks for the new wallpaper Wolfala!!  :)
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
<S> to Strat squads
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2005, 04:52:06 PM »
Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out where these folks are headed. Bushwhack em.

Heh the most memorable sortie I've had in AH was the time when I intercepted the bish horde en route to a field.

I was in a pony with mucho alt, mucho speed and mucho balls.

The horde consisted of at least 15 bogies, mossies, ponies, spitfires etc.

In I go, shooting 7 of them down in a single pass as they were in a neat row.

I will never forget that pass.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
<S> to Strat squads
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2005, 05:27:21 PM »
Originally posted by Flyboy
exellent post lye-El.

no one started playing this game as an ace. we all got our butt kicked, but we moved on, we didnt gave up, and went for GVs or manned acks, and we learned.

now days i see alot of new guys doing exactly what you describe, they cant hendle it, so they give up on trying to learn, thinking "wow i could never beat this guy" and the settle for flying with the horde and using field guns to get their kills.

well, i have no right to criticize you, but i found this phenomenon (which is becoming more and more common unfortunatly) well just frustrating.

i cant order or demnand you to stop playing the way you do, i can only offer my help. teaching you.

its fairly simple actualy, all you need is a will to learn, there are alot of vets out there that would love to help out newbies, all you need is too ask.

visit the training arena, ask on channel 200, post on the training forum, email AH trainers ( a bunch of great guys who help out new guys on their free time)

dedalos advise is one of the best ways to learn, find people that want the same thing as you and just hang around with them, learn the trade.

dont be ashamed to ask for help or dumb questions (ignore the alt F4 tards :) ) and never ever give up.

i started working with a bunch of new guys acouple of weeks ago, they are playing this game for barely 2 months and are allready landing multiple kill sorties.

so to sum things up, there are alot of great guys willing to help out new guys who want to learn ACMs, its up to the newbie himself to decide if he will take the challenge of learning the trade of air to air fighting, or choose the "easy" way, who demand much less skill, killing buildings, fighting inside a horde, or using manned ack\ GVs to get kills.

All good points.

I think the main thing is that the MA is  a really terrible place for guys to learn to fight fighters these days so they really need to spend time in the TA and DA, to supplement the MA experience.

If you simply fly in the MA and therefore emulate MA flying , you just won't progress anywhere near as fast as spending some time with trainers or guys like flyboy nomak etc
I come from a land downunder

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
<S> to Strat squads
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2005, 08:36:51 PM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf
Heh the most memorable sortie I've had in AH was the time when I intercepted the bish horde en route to a field.

I was in a pony with mucho alt, mucho speed and mucho balls.

The horde consisted of at least 15 bogies, mossies, ponies, spitfires etc.

In I go, shooting 7 of them down in a single pass as they were in a neat row.

I will never forget that pass.

I've attacked several such groups.

I remember 1 group of about the same size I stumbled upon was a flight of rook 38's.

I was astounded as they all held formation as I swooped in on them from their high 9:00.

Killed two outright and damaged another on my first pass.
Banked turned and it wasnt untill I was in on my second run that they finally broke formation.
One guy musta been afk cause he never moved an inch was so exited I missed my first burst at him and he still didnt move. My next burst cleaved him in two..

After that I managed to ping a couple and caused a bunch to drop ord before after an extended game of dogeball that took the majority of them to the deck  they finally got me.

Was fun as hell and hadta screw up their plans
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline 68racer

• Zinc Member
<S> to Strat squads
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2005, 09:43:14 PM »
Originally posted by Flyboy
exellent post lye-El.

i will take you up on that offer when do you want to get together and do some acm.:aok

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
<S> to Strat squads
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2005, 10:03:05 PM »

I will never, EVER, understand how anyone can settle for not trying to be the best in any field of human endeavor.  Makes me think most of these guys are teenagers who grew up in soccer leagues where no won "won," they just played to play and score was not kept so no one would feel hurt by losing.

I'll tell ya, I've lost, embarrased myself and just plain sucked on the athletic field (especially the golf course) so many times that I can't believe when it happens again because I thought the last time was so bad it wouldn't be able happen again.  Losing teaches you so much, be it in AH or anything in life, that not putting yourself up to the test and seeing what you are made of is pure cowardice.  It's easy to succede in easy things (like flying in a horde)... it's very hard to succede in extraordinary things.  Put it on the line and see what you've got...

Offline 68racer

• Zinc Member
<S> to Strat squads
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2005, 10:54:31 PM »
68racer

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
<S> to Strat squads
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2005, 07:09:35 AM »
just give me a call anytime you see me online.

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
<S> to Strat squads
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2005, 08:15:13 AM »
Just to underline what Flyboy is saying.

Me my self and alot of my noob friends have flied with and against flyboy. We all have improved tremendously through this.

First of all the DA training (with flyboy and redd) has tought us how to live longer ON OUR OWN.  

Just learning how to avoid HO shots and do good merges prolongs your life in a fight by at least 500%.

Then when flying with flyboy we have almost always gone off the beaten path to find battles of our own.

Smaller fights are actually EASIER to live through, once you have learned the lessons on merges and opening moves, because they are more about flying then cherry picking.

Hoard fights are actually EXTREAMLY demanding on your Situation Awarness. While 2v2, 3v3 and the smaller fights are much more easy on the SA and imho SA is the hardest thing for new pilots as there is soo much to think of as is.

Tex.