Author Topic: PT Boat Rockets  (Read 561 times)

Offline 28sweep

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
PT Boat Rockets
« on: November 13, 2001, 01:00:00 PM »
How do you aim the PT Boat Rockets and are they effective against other P.T. Boats or land targets?????

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
PT Boat Rockets
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2001, 02:44:00 PM »
First you have to hit O to open the rockets.  Once you've done that, the rockets are mannable as the 7th gunner position.  You can control the elevation with your stick at this point.  I think that's how they work.  Been awhile since I've used them.

I have no clue if they're effective or not.  We've never gotten close enough to land targets due to ack, and usually the other PTs are opening up on you from about 1000yds away with their guns, so it's hard to use rockets against them.  Once I scared the heck out of a plane straffing me with rockets.   ;)  I can't remember if I hit him or not, but I know he got me.  Might have ended up being a mutual death.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
PT Boat Rockets
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2001, 06:15:00 AM »
Originally posted by 28sweep:
How do you aim the PT Boat Rockets and are they effective against other P.T. Boats or land targets?????

As Nifty says, need to press O whilst in driver position first, and use joystick to aim - fire off one and watch where it goes, and make adjustments accordingly.  I have had several kills against aircraft using rockets, and I think a few on other PT boats, but not tried land targets, but imagine they would be effective, and at least a stationary target to aim at!   :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun