Author Topic: camera shift  (Read 312 times)

Offline Ruin%20

• Zinc Member
camera shift
« on: January 24, 2005, 07:36:06 PM »
not sure if this should be here but couldn`t think of a better place.... any way...

just something i thought would be nice to have in the film viewer would be  a camera shift in external views
what i mean is a that the camera will look the same direction but it`s position (x,y) in relation to the aircraft/world will change.
i think this will add alot to the functionality of the film viewer

try padlocking in the film viewer currently what you get is your a/c will hide the padlocked a/c but you could shift the camera in any direction you would get a very cool view especially for making movies.

just a thought....

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
camera shift
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 08:10:02 PM »
try checking ignore recorded views, then use the scroll bar at bottom and right side of the viewing screen.

from this point you can move the view around to any direction you like when external. Then you can click the start capturing and re-record your film or convert it to an avi/mpeg/etc.......as well
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Ruin%20

• Zinc Member
camera shift
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 08:33:41 PM »
TequilaChaser... thats not what i meant.
i`m not talking about modifing the *direction* your looking to but the *position* your looking from like  the way you can move the camera around in the cockpit, but of course with a bigger margin.

Offline Engine

• Silver Member
camera shift
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 08:44:40 PM »
I think he means like CM Eye.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
camera shift
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 11:20:48 PM »
ok Ruin,
I guess I don't understand what view in external mode you are not able to get.

direction looking at / position looking from

either way: with the scroll bars, zoom keys and brackets and the  POV slider and distance slider you should be able to position yourself for any view you want to attain
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline streetstang

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
camera shift
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 09:22:11 AM »
what would really be nice is if we had the ability to use the mouse to pan views like we are able to in the MA.

Offline Ruin%20

• Zinc Member
camera shift
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 12:19:56 PM »
what i mean is to be able to get this shots positions which currently you can`t:
camera over the wing cannon.
chase view with your a/c on the bottom of the view.
external view just over the cockpit.
etc..etc..