Author Topic: Training Arena Proposal  (Read 458 times)

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Training Arena Proposal
« on: September 17, 2000, 04:31:00 PM »
I have a proposal that is such a great idea I'm ready to apply for genius status  

Why not have an assigned time once or twice weekly when the Training Arena becomes a regular competition arena like the Main, except only those who are relatively new may play.

So, for example, from 8 PM PST to 1 AM PST every Wed and Friday, the training arena is like the main arena, but for novices.

Perhaps one instructor could head up the strategic effort for each side, even doing some mission planning (great underused feature of AH).

Further, perhaps aircraft choices could be limited to some of the best dogfighters and bombers, encouraging novices to get to know a few planes well rather than constantly experimenting.

Thoughts?

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
Training Arena Proposal
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2000, 09:42:00 PM »

I don't think the training arena should ever be a MA type situation, or ever "off limits" for anybody.  However, what you suggest could be held in the special events arena.

My first question is... what's a "newbie"?    I guess anybody who decides to be one. <G>  Shouldn't be a big problem.

It might be interesting, but I'm not sure it would work on a weekly basis.  However, please feel free to organize an event like this for the special events arena and give it a shot.  If you organize it, I will organize some trainers to help out if you like.

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"My P-47 is a pretty good ship, she took a round coming 'cross the Channel last trip.
Just thinking 'bout my baby and lettin' her rip, always got me through so far."
 - Steve Earl

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Training Arena Proposal
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2000, 03:35:00 PM »
Roger that! Will do some more thinking about this one...