Author Topic: HEllcat page is up...  (Read 546 times)

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
HEllcat page is up...
« on: November 17, 2001, 05:26:00 PM »
It is not finished yet.  What I wanted to do was scrapped for the time being when the film bug reared its ugly head.  :(

Anyways, here it is.  Click on the Hellcat page link on the left.

At this point, it is has a lot of information, and much of it can be useful for flying other planes as well.

If you find any problems, typos, stuff that you would like to see added or things that are blatantly wrong, feel free to email me or post it here.  Thanks for the help and hopefully it will continue to grow and at least be helpful to someone out there.

-math

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
HEllcat page is up...
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2001, 10:10:00 PM »
I was reading through that, and something struck me as being very similar to the way I fly the 190A8.  I really DO prefer being on the defensive in that plane I think.  I mean, given the choice between me bouncing someone and someone bouncing me, I'd obviously choose the former- but given the choice between a Co-E fight with a more manueverable enemy, or a fight in which they bounce me, I'd choose the bounce.  Seems like it is fairly easy to get an overshoot (followed by a snapshot) for the kill, a lot easier than having to manuever for it  :).  I like your page a lot, to bad I hold the F6F in only somewhat higher esteem than the Ki61  :D.  Actually, I don't think I've tried it since 1.08 came out, maybe I outta take it for a test drive.

Question for you... do you think the F6F will outturn the 109F?  If so, at what speeds?  Or will the advantage change depending the on the speed?  I ask because I like to up the F4 for base defense when it is under attack from a fleet, and it seems like I can outturn the F6F's and F4U's easily at below 250mph.  Spits, of course, eat me alive though.

Offline Vector

• Nickel Member
HEllcat page is up...
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2001, 02:49:00 AM »
Hi

I like your page layout, it's very clean and font is not so usual, but looks better than arial or times new roman. With 1600x1200 res it looks great. It's always good idea to not tie pages for certain screen resolution. I was delighted that your web site doesn't contain any of those pop-ups, flashs and animated gifs that they usually have.. err wait.. "those" pages has totally different content..   :D

You created it with Word!   :)

In General Performance you've put link to HTC site. I'd like to see it open into new window instead of your web site frames. I mean Your site frame then HTC's frame...

Dive performance
I consider P-47 as one of the best divers in game. IMO it doesn't compress easily !?!

Turn ability
I wouldn't courage new F6F pilots to try turn with spits and Zekes   :eek:
I flew F6F for a short time before moved to jugs and I once managed to reverse that tank awful fast, although I don't know how! Mitsu can answer this as he was chasing me with his spit and I just pulled up and waved stick and put full rudder and OMG, I was heading to different direction. Well I was black outed during that whole "maneuver", but Mitsu praised my quick reversal, I tried to learn it, but never was able to repeat it, LOL! So yes, there is a way to make fast reversals with F6F's. If you know how.. TELL US!   :D

Typo:
"If you move your head up (using the page up key) you can raise the cinter of your sight to the top of the glass:"

"Bug":
When you first click "Aces High" and then "Home" again, your left frame open as doubled.

After all good job.

-vector

--------------------

414 RCAF THE BLACK KNIGHTS
"Totis Viribus-With All Our Might"

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: vector ]

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
HEllcat page is up...
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2001, 08:57:00 AM »
I will be adding a section concerning how to deal with individual plane types in AH.  So, hopefully soon I will have this part set up.

Only reason I used Word to make it was that it was easy and came with my computer.  It isn't the greatest page in the world, but I am learning a few things here and there that will hopefully make it a little more user friendly.

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
HEllcat page is up...
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2001, 11:12:00 AM »
vector the hellcat can outdive the jug initialy, but in the long term (450-500+) mph the jug will pullway, the drag it creates on the hellcat is unbleivable. (due to whats stated in the following paragraph)

Compression is not a problem, if you your diving hard and let off the stick it pitches up natuarly, you dont have to do anything at'll. Unless your diving straight down passed 450mph, which then i wouldnt blame the AC for that problem.  :)

----

Mathman, ive been filming vertical attacks and dive bombing, but none have come out at all. Seems i got the film bug my self. some of the film works but others do not(unfortunatly the ones i would present do not come out).

If your interested in making some quality 1 vrs 1 films (catVRScat or other AC) id be more than happy to help you. Just give me a yell in the MA, and ill drop you a email if youd like.