Author Topic: Help me!!!!!  (Read 1095 times)

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
Help me!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2001, 10:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kweassa:
8. Once on the ground, give minimum throttle, and slowly tap on the brakes.
 9. Use rudder to keep your plane straight.
 10. When plane is under 50 mph, full brakes.

Just hold full brakes straight away.  AH has the brakes modelled such that the plane won't nose over, it will just tip forward until level...

Offline Naudet

• Nickel Member
Help me!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2001, 04:16:00 AM »
Full Brakes will ram ur nose right into the ground Blue Mako!!

Btw @200mph on no German plan the flaps will drop out. Also on most buffs 200mph is to fast for flaps.

Touchdown @120mph could be a bit hard. My usuall landing speed is about 100-105mph.

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
Help me!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2001, 03:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by Naudet:
Full Brakes will ram ur nose right into the ground Blue Mako!!

Nope, never happens.  I regularly land with the brake key held down (and I leave it held down).  Even on main wheels only landings I never have a problem.  The nose swings down until the plane is level and then it goes no further.  I use the default key [space] to apply brakes...

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Help me!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2001, 05:17:00 PM »
There's a difference between planes Mako.

I don't know if there are others, but typically, the A6M5 Zero and Typhoon in AH tips over and crashes when full brakes are applied during landing. You can see what happens to a Zero when you engage full brakes and hold it down during take off  :) Once, during a landing, I nosed over and crashed, and survived. My view was upside down  :) (I guess the resuce team got me outta that one, eh? hehe)

I've also done a 'head stand', where my Typhie nosed over, and balanced itself perfectly on the spinner, and remained so  :)

However, some planes never nose over. I know the 109s never do. I think there are probably more planes which is dangerous to apply full brakes during landing.  :)

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
Help me!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2001, 06:33:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kweassa:
I've also done a 'head stand', where my Typhie nosed over, and balanced itself perfectly on the spinner, and remained so   :)

This is a bug related to the ground loop characteristcs.  If you land and keep the plane balanced you can apply full brakes in the typh no probs.  The only time you get into trouble is if you try to turn while braking...  I have done heaps of sorties in the typh and this has only happened twice so it is a bug AFAIK.

Dunno about the zeke though as I haven't flown it.

I am pretty sure that it is coded into the game that the brakes will not tip you onto your nose during a normal roll out.  :)