Author Topic: Joystick Optimizing software  (Read 605 times)

Offline FirstBorg

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.newanims.de.vu
Joystick Optimizing software
« on: November 19, 2001, 10:15:00 AM »
Hi
Are there some softwares to optimize Joystick settings for Aces High? I use Logitech Wingman Extrem Digital 3d. Are there Aces High profiles for it or something to autolcalibrate it?
thx in advance

Offline ptarthur

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2001, 07:30:00 AM »
I'm on a quest for exactly the same thing.  If you find anything please post it here and I will do likewise.

From what I can see, you can set some of the options/views from the Wingman Extream software that came with your joystick and/or you can use the setup that is included with the AH software.

The AH joystick mapping help info is a little vauge. So far I've set all of my views in the AH setup but I have not been able to figure out how to switch between the multiple sets of hat switch settings.  I tried configuring a different button on my joystick to switch between the sets but that did not work.  There's also a buch of buttons on the setup page labled b# that I think are the key but I have not been able so far to figure out what they are physically.

Good luck and check back here often, if no one else is able to provide a solution, I'm sure we will figure it out eventually.
  :confused:

Offline ptarthur

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2001, 11:25:00 AM »
Ok, I think I’ve figured out how to map all of the views in AH for the Logitech Wingman Extreame 3d Joystick.  If I’ve got anything wrong here or if someone else has a better way, please feel free to jump in here and correct.

First of all, go to your Logitech Wingman Profiler (the software that came with your joystick) and make certain that all of the buttons are set to the default.  If you’ve assigned any of the buttons in the profiler, it seems to override everything in the AH Mapping Mapping Joystick Buttons setup.

Next run Aces High and go offline and get in a plane without starting the engines. I like to use the 109 because the canopy frame provides a good point of reference when you are setting up the various views.

Bring up the map clipboard and click on the setup button near the bottom.

Next click Joystick Button Mapping.

You should see a screen that says “Stick Map” at the top. With First Hat, Second Hat and Buttons 1-32 across the top. (Just ignore Second Hat because the Wingman Extreme 3D does not have one)

Select the View Keys button on the left side of the box, this will bring up all of the view functions in the middle of the screen. There are four possible “sets” that can be assigned. The idea here is that you assign up to four sets of views and then switch back and forth between them while in flight.  I started out here by clearing out everything that I did earlier to avoid conflicts.  

Next assign a set 1 view to each of the 8 positions on First Hat:

Click on Set 1 at the top of the Function box, scroll down to the desired function listed to the left and click on it (example, UP Forward) then click on the button on First Hat that you want to assign this function to and then click on the Set Button at the bottom of the window.  

Here’s how I have my Set 1 views assigned:       Function               First Hat
                     Up Forward      Up
                     Forward Left      UL
                     Forward Right      UR
                     Right         Right
                     Left         Left
                     Back Left      DL
                     Back Right      DR
                     Back         DN

Next assign a set 2 view to each of the 8 positions on First Hat by repeating the above. Be sure to click on Set 2 at the top of the function box.
Here’s how I have my Set 2 views assigned:       Function               First Hat
                     Up Forward      Up
                     Up Forward Left   UL
                     Up Forward Right   UR
                     Up Right      Right
                     Up Left      Left
                     Up Back Left      DL
                     Up Back Right      DR
                     Up Back      DN

Now that you have two sets of 8 views assigned, you have to set up a button that will allow you to switch back and forth between them:

Click on the Global Keys button near the left side of the Stick Map window.

Click on Set 1 at the top of the Function box.

Scroll down and click on Set 2 under the Function column.

Click on the button # at the top of the Stick Map window that you want to assign this function to.   Buttons 1-16 are shown but the Wingman Extreme 3d only has 7 buttons so ignore the rest for now.  I used button 4 since it’s conveniently located right next to the Hat Switch.

Now click on Set Button at the bottom of the Stick Map window.

Next, click on the Set 2 button at the top of the Function box.

Scroll down and click on Set 1 under the Function column.

Click on the same button # at the top of the Stick Map window that you used to switch to Set 2. (Button # 4 in my case).

Now click on Set Button at the bottom of the Stick Map window.

Then click on OK and you are done !

While in flight, you can toggle between the 2 sets of 8 Hat Switch views by clicking on button 4 on your joystick.

This should give you enough information to go back and assign other functions to the rest of the Wingman Extreme buttons and don’t forget, you can assign sets 3 & 4 as well.

Hope this helps and if anyone has a better way, please let me know.  
  :D

Offline FirstBorg

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.newanims.de.vu
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2001, 11:49:00 AM »
Thx, but actually I was searching a way to optimize the Calibration of the joystick. I do not use many buttons, just something like flaps, WEP and something other, beneath the basic functions.

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2001, 04:30:00 AM »
Originally posted by FirstBorg:
Hi
Are there some softwares to optimize Joystick settings for Aces High? I use Logitech Wingman Extrem Digital 3d. Are there Aces High profiles for it or something to autolcalibrate it?
thx in advance

There are a couple of programs that you can use.  Just click on the link below.

DXTweak

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: Ack-Ack ]