Author Topic: IT's BEEN FUN FELLAS!  (Read 1920 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
IT's BEEN FUN FELLAS!
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2005, 02:20:56 AM »
mega, you're not quiting, lets face it.

.....even if you change your name again (im certain you played before 'megadud' ;) )

am i the only one smelling something fishy here??

:)
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
IT's BEEN FUN FELLAS!
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2005, 02:28:39 AM »
mega dont give up.. you have the attitude (well alittle too much attitude ) to excell here .. its just a huge learning curve to get to the top .

I myself came from other flight sims befor this .... I worked my way up to the top of the FA crowd .. and moonlited in here when this came out ... but when I made this my home i was at the bottem of the food chain ... ask anyone I was total food for about a year (hell Ole Lev beat up on me constantly among others ) well one day after watching repeated films and help from another player it finally went click ... and voila I became a Furballing scratching for kills machine ..

what your doing is going after the Top Aces here .. and your not really ready yet.

my advise is to keep up with training and master 1 vs 1 fights ... then move on to 2 vs 1  ....  then you'll be ready for the huge furball (15 to 1 ) total crazy get nuts type furballing that some of us live for .. (and yes we do die alot )

theres also other options of play to this game , from gv's ,jabo's , buffs , cv operations , ect ...
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
IT's BEEN FUN FELLAS!
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2005, 02:36:36 AM »
Originally posted by wetrat
fly la7's until you're competent ;)

Hiya Wetrat, how ya been bud?

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
IT's BEEN FUN FELLAS!
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2005, 03:34:18 AM »
Originally posted by mechanic
mega, you're not quiting, lets face it.

.....even if you change your name again (im certain you played before 'megadud' ;) )

am i the only one smelling something fishy here??

:)

nope.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
IT's BEEN FUN FELLAS!
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2005, 05:02:01 AM »
you big wussy megadud...  you can't quit, and thats an order!!

you no longer deserve the megastud nickname i gave you!

I think he is upset because he decided to fly at a furball where a few choice knit players were flying last night, and he happened to die a few times :D
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
IT's BEEN FUN FELLAS!
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2005, 05:44:39 AM »
"I think he is upset because he decided to fly at a furball where a few choice knit players were flying last night, and he happened to die a few times "

Been there Done that ... Ran across the 13th BK's  in a group ... Talk about sent to hell in a hurry ... (At least they Dropped Flowers )

instead of diving into the furball like us loony's do,,, perhaps he should wait along the edge and pick off the unsuspecting ones ...
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
IT's BEEN FUN FELLAS!
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2005, 09:10:29 AM »
Megadud

You just don't get it do you?

This is NOT a game you can master in 3 days, 3 weeks, or perhaps even in 3 years.

Granted everyone learns at his own pace, and yours has been fast till now.

Relax, play the game and enjoy it! You do not have to win every fight to have a good time.

Even if you could master AH in 6 months, if you did in another 6 months you'd be so burned out you'd be gone.

There is always going to be somebody who is a shade faster, sneakier,  smarter, luckier.

You've just reached the top of your first big plataeu. Got pretty darn high at that looks to me.  Sooner you relax & quit trying so hard the sooner you'll find yourself climbing again.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
IT's BEEN FUN FELLAS!
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2005, 09:38:40 AM »
instead of diving into the furball like us loony's do,,, perhaps he should wait along the edge and pick off the unsuspecting ones ...

Yeah ... good idea ... Leviathn likes to hang around there too.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SkyLab

• Copper Member
IT's BEEN FUN FELLAS!
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2005, 09:50:57 AM »
Mega you can't quit! Where else am I going to hear lines like:

"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then"

Or

"I can't make right turns! I am like a freaking Zoolander!"

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
IT's BEEN FUN FELLAS!
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2005, 10:06:02 AM »
or.. you could just drive a bomber or gv and never get good.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
IT's BEEN FUN FELLAS!
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2005, 10:15:03 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
Megadud

You just don't get it do you?

This is NOT a game you can master in 3 days, 3 weeks, or perhaps even in 3 years.

Granted everyone learns at his own pace, and yours has been fast till now.

Relax, play the game and enjoy it! You do not have to win every fight to have a good time.

Even if you could master AH in 6 months, if you did in another 6 months you'd be so burned out you'd be gone.

There is always going to be somebody who is a shade faster, sneakier,  smarter, luckier.

You've just reached the top of your first big plataeu. Got pretty darn high at that looks to me.  Sooner you relax & quit trying so hard the sooner you'll find yourself climbing again.

Well stated.

MegaDud, you were doing very well. Yeah, you were getting beat on the merge a lot, but believe me, the merge is one of the toughest aspects of ACM to master. Nobody gets it down pat in a couple of months. The Spitfire V is a great furballer, very capable when Co-E with enemies. However, ultra-fast, rocket-like climbers such as the F4U-4 and La-7 can be very difficult to cope with, especially when the enemy pilot refuses to get sucked into a low-speed brawl.

The true experts in this game have learned how to equalize E states quickly. They know how to work angles for a shot. Perhaps more importantly, they know how to convert a disadvantage into an asset. Learning these things takes time and a lot of combats.

As it is now, you can beat the average player without much trouble. Keep working on your skill level, but don't become discouraged when the best sticks in the game beat you. I suggest that you concentrate on improving one aspect of the game at a time. Don't overload yourself with too many goals. Keep it simple. I like the idea of setting different goals for each week of a tour.

Also, when you visit the TA, try this: Announce that you are a free-fire target. Invite everyone to attack you. Yeah, most are noobs, but a dozen noobs will keep you busy. Few exercises develop your SA like this one can. And, since being pinged doesn't damage your aircraft, you just keep on brawling until gas or ammo is exhausted. I'm of the opinion that one huge 20 minute furball is frequently more beneficial than 20 one minute furballs. You have the time to rethink things while still in the fight.

Practice gunnery. Practice it a lot. Again, the TA is perfect for this. One consistent factor found in most of the really good pilots is superior gunnery. They rarely miss an opportunity. In most fights, you will get at least one opportunity. Guys like Leviathn and Nomak will capitalize on the opportunity 90% of the time.

I know that school is an issue for you, wanting to concentrate more on that. By all means, don't let a game interfere with your studies. But, when you need a break from the books, log on and work on those things that need attention. And concentrate on having fun. It matters little how good you get if you are not enjoying yourself.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
IT's BEEN FUN FELLAS!
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2005, 10:25:09 AM »
Originally posted by Widewing
I suggest that you concentrate on improving one aspect of the game at a time. Don't overload yourself with too many goals. Keep it simple. I like the idea of setting different goals for each week of a tour.

Thats a good piece of advice, i still like to set myself targets to try and accomplish each tour, be it kills/sorties, kills/death, rank etc etc.  It works really well, and, once you have accomplished it, you will wonder how you ever had difficulty with it in the first place.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
IT's BEEN FUN FELLAS!
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2005, 10:26:09 AM »
Originally posted by SkyLab
Mega you can't quit! Where else am I going to hear lines like:

"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then"

Or

"I can't make right turns! I am like a freaking Zoolander!"

LOLOL I remember that! Mega's joystick went zonkers and he could not roll to the right. Does that bother him? No, he goes right back into the fight. I hope someone reminded him that 3 lefts = a right.

Anyway, he finally fixed it by re-calibrating, but he was as funny as hell over the vox.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
IT's BEEN FUN FELLAS!
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2005, 10:35:04 AM »
(A man whistling..pushing a broom, and that pink sawdust stuff, comes around the corner)

"Hey guys..what are you still doing here? Im here to lock up..Megadud left 20 posts ago...told me to lock up after I finished.  Now lets go..I gotta get home too!"

(whistling continues)

~AoM~

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
IT's BEEN FUN FELLAS!
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2005, 11:44:23 AM »
Originally posted by Delirium
Get back on the horse and try again. Don't quit...

I'd recommend you stop trash talking until you have at least 3 months of solid time under your belt. No one normally likes teaching those that throw around an attitude.

Bingo.