Author Topic: Pos!@#!  (Read 1845 times)

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
Pos!@#!
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2005, 06:22:27 PM »
HiTech,

We have stats on aircraft. We know how they work ie. Stall, speed, turn characteristics. But AI88s are all shrouded in secrecy it seems.

If a few simple questions were answered maybe some of us would be happier, I know I would.

1. What are the hit criteria?
2. Can I do anything to decrease my odds of getting hit while flying in AI88?
3. Is it going to change/become manned?
4. Why does ack follow me instead of my intended path prior to a jink?
5. Will my own base puffy stuff hit me?

Bombers cant move easily and should be an easier target to hit than a fighter that is maneuvering. There should be a penalty for flying straight and level and there seems to be none. It all seems to be just a random number. Not being able to effect the outcome is what I believe makes us upset about the AI88s.
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
Pos!@#!
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2005, 08:00:58 PM »
Hey guys,

I think most of the old hands can accept this theory as the drivers did in real life. The golden bb - you never see it - you never know when it will get you. But sometimes you just have a bad day and its yr time.

If so, go back to the tower, take a day if its yr 262, RE-up and go strafe some panzers in the 262. Atleast you know where its comming from :)

Wolf

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

VWE

Pos!@#!
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2005, 08:30:06 PM »
VWE: I don't make statements like I did with out testing.

O.k. point taken, sorry for the blanket accusation. But to get downed in a 262 by poofy ack more times than I can remember and never having to worry when I'm in a buff is opposite what it shoud be.

Offline Heretik

• Nickel Member
Pos!@#!
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2005, 10:11:19 PM »
I sure love dying to an AI gun in a multiplayer game.

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
Re: Pos!@#!
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2005, 10:16:20 PM »
Originally posted by WldThing
In over 4-5 years ive been playing this game,  i havent whined on this BBS ONCE..  But of course there is a time for everything..

And my fricken issue is this Puffy ack,  i've lost yet another 262 due to it..  Traveling along 15k up,  one ping and your back in the tower,  what kind of watermelon is that...  I've lost countless planes due to this..   Jeez...

rant off...

Its not puffy ack, its guided missles that track perks. The stronger the perk signiture the better it tracks. To verify, take a big fat bomber and circle a CV group for a while. How long till ya get hit?

Bigmax was chasin a con a few months back. He was in a Tempest. Other guy flew over CV group. I warned him. POOF! There goes max. He just logged off and saved my ears.:D

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Pos!@#!
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2005, 10:22:06 PM »
IF the AI's flak shells have the same velocity as the manned ones, there's something completely wrong with the instantaneous "box" modeling of the shell explosions.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Pos!@#!
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2005, 10:27:59 PM »
Hey!  That's a HiTech imposter!  Not a typo to be found! :D :p

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
Pos!@#!
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2005, 11:08:23 PM »
14 friggin puffy ack kills in one month!?  is there anyone out there with that many?  :mad: :mad:

this is quite pathetic.  

seems the more i complain, the more it happens...
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Pos!@#!
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2005, 11:21:17 PM »
As I said in another thread..............

I dont know, maybe Storch infected me with his conspiracy disease. I just cant help but wonder sometimes, if HT and Pyro and some of the others dont sit around reading all our whines on the BBS about how crappy this FM is or how much we hate the guns on that plane, and (just to play with us) make constant, minute changes in the FM or the lethality of guns and purposely dont say anything. Could happen you know.

I can just see them, sitting around a computer with this SLIDER on the screen that controls the accuracy and another for the lethality of the puffy ack .....................

"Oooh oooh, there's VWE!  Frag that bastige!"

I know I would.  
:D

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
Pos!@#!
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2005, 11:26:53 PM »
I rarely get hit by the puffy stuff but I think the last time I did it exploded right in front of my canopy, put a hole in it and gave me a GD pilot wound!!!!  

:rofl :rofl :rofl

The only time the puffy has naild me good was my own fault for flyin my 26's 2K above a fully manned CV ;)
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Pos!@#!
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2005, 09:35:04 AM »
Is it possible that some of what you attribute to "puffy" ack is actually manned ground fire? I do, on occasion, hit something at 2K out? Not very darn offen though.  I can also put  the crosshairs on the prop hub of an aircraft coming straight at me  starting at D1500 and never hit him as he passes over me at D5 if I survive..

I have not seen hardly any bombers get hit when attacking, heck, they turn around and come back!

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Pos!@#!
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2005, 11:06:58 AM »
Originally posted by Wolfala

If so, go back to the tower, take a day if its yr 262, RE-up and go strafe some panzers in the 262. Atleast you know where its comming from :)

I would but im down to 14 perks :D

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Pos!@#!
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2005, 11:22:35 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
The faster you fly, the more accurate poofy ack becomes

Is only a rummor, and is totaly incorect. Acctualy it works the other way around.

HiTech

Huh??? You mean the faster the Puffy Ack goes, the slower you'll fly?

Whoa dude, that's deep...

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
Pos!@#!
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2005, 10:41:33 PM »
Originally posted by kevykev56
HiTech,

We have stats on aircraft. We know how they work ie. Stall, speed, turn characteristics. But AI88s are all shrouded in secrecy it seems.

If a few simple questions were answered maybe some of us would be happier, I know I would.

1. What are the hit criteria?
2. Can I do anything to decrease my odds of getting hit while flying in AI88?
3. Is it going to change/become manned?
4. Why does ack follow me instead of my intended path prior to a jink?
5. Will my own base puffy stuff hit me?

Bombers cant move easily and should be an easier target to hit than a fighter that is maneuvering. There should be a penalty for flying straight and level and there seems to be none. It all seems to be just a random number. Not being able to effect the outcome is what I believe makes us upset about the AI88s.

Are there no answers to these questions? Twice tonight I die from puffy stuff.  The worst one was after I survived a 2 on 1 encounter in a 110 vs a Spit and P38. Following the second kill I was AI'ed, no celebration, no beer after the flight. I know this horse is dead but this is just stupid. Why can these questions not be answered?
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron