Author Topic: WTG on the new Sky/Clouds (Photo works now!)  (Read 1065 times)

Offline MANDO

• Nickel Member
WTG on the new Sky/Clouds (Photo works now!)
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2005, 04:55:06 PM »
While the sky seems ok, everything else is too dark and with too weak contrasts.

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2005, 04:58:29 PM »
That AH screenshot was taken just as the sun was rising to the airplane's back.

I only logged in for a screenshot, and had to wait 45 minutes for the sun to set and then get to that point...go figure.

I was late for work so I'll post a replacement if ya like.

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2005, 01:26:31 AM »
Originally posted by rv6

But, the fave of faves is 1Bravo2! (1B2 Katama) As I'm sure you know, landing there on green cowpastures, and rolling your plane right up to the oceans' edge?  wow..  Feels like landing on the English coast during the "big one"..  
RV6 ~

!!! KATAMA is my FAVORITE airport. ever. you nailed it spot on - nothing like taxing right up to south beach pratically.

next time i go, i need to take pictures. its really an awesome sight to see.

have you ever been into 2bravo1? i used to fly out of there with the cape cod flying school before it was shut down, but they reopened last year thankfully. my instructor has said that once you land there (short field, 50" obstructions, grass) you can land anywhere anytime.
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2005, 01:57:24 AM »
Here's a snapshot when I diverted to visit the airport I took the above photo at.

BRRR!!!

Offline rv6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.aircombatusa.com/AC_Testimonial.htm#James
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2005, 05:35:45 AM »
Originally posted by moose
!!! KATAMA is my FAVORITE airport. ever. you nailed it spot on - nothing like taxing right up to south beach pratically.

Hi Moose..
Yes sir Ree!  This'll bring back fond memories of a short final onto Katama.. (LOL!)  When we were overhead, looking at GPS saying: "YOU'RE HERE FOOL!"  Look down?  Where's da runway(s)?!  Finally you realize.. Oh yeah!  Them little grass paths.. Ha.. LMAO now (not so funny then).. :-)

Don't want to stick a crummy "ad" on the BBS here, so if you want to take a peek at our (You & Me Moose!) Fave spot to try and land an airplane? (note: key word TRY)..  click here.

Coast down on grass, to dirt road, hang a left with airplane on ground, go to beach, get out, have picnic.  Voila ~ Katama.
See ya'

RV6

Katama Final Approach

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2005, 11:27:18 AM »
uhh RV...

That's a farmers field with a brush hog path off the road.  Ugh, you guys from 'Blue' states. ;)

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2005, 01:29:34 PM »
summer is just too far away :(
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2005, 10:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by rv6
You read (and spoke) my thoughts exactly Golfer' (aka: Gollum)  :-)

Looks exactly like the real thing aye?  And we save approx. (umm? counting on fingers? too much to calculate)..    $15 per month, divided by? $85 per actual flight hour?  Times the square root of pi?..  OH, WHATEVER!   It looks real, costs less than real (and you & I know about that! ha!) and you can shoot at other peoples airplanes in the landing pattern!

And here's a little ditty taken by yours truly.. Is it an AH screen capture?  Or is it a view from 5,000 ft msl over Martha's Vineyard? Hmmmm?

:-)

RV6

Life is good..    

That aint no picture of real water!

You got the sheen right but left out the sparkle.

who the hell ever saw water that looked like that??

It's 'spossed to sparkle like sun off fresh snow!

;)
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Jasta

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2005, 10:39:19 PM »
What kind of Piper you flying there Golfer?

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2005, 01:46:55 PM »
Tis not a Piper.  It's a Mooney M20J 201.  I've got about 75hrs in that airplane alone, it's my get-around airplane and a real *****cat to fly.  I regularly land the airplane and make the first turnoff of Runway 4 at my home airport.  You're looking down rwy 22 in this photo, so the first turn off is the far one in the photo.  The runway is a little over 5000 feet so I'd guess that first turnoff is 1000' or less.

Little faster than a Cherokee.  It's the one in the background of the 'sky' picture with the Apache.  Like flying my own little fighter, if you just look out the window at only the wing and the minor fillet...you can imagine yourself in a P-51 :)

Also, some Bonanzas have a similar little window cut into their left window (I'm pretty sure thats what you were identifying)