Author Topic: NEW MEMBERSHIP/ACCOUNTS  (Read 729 times)

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
NEW MEMBERSHIP/ACCOUNTS
« on: February 05, 2000, 06:30:00 PM »
I know that this is beating a dead horse into dog food.....but I think I need to say it.

I think that 2 weeks free play isn't fair for any new folks that want to experience this SIM.  Heck, it takes that long to get your joystick tuned!  I would like to see 30 days or more set to make sure that these new folks get a grasp on it, and the addiction is in place! <G>  No-I am not a pusher!  
Air Warrior has a Free 90 day trial.  That is excessive-IMO, but I will let you all decide.
I don't care, as I am going to play-and pay now........for sure.  I just thought it might be a suggestion to help promote biz!
KKEN

[This message has been edited by K-KEN (edited 02-05-2000).]

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
NEW MEMBERSHIP/ACCOUNTS
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2000, 07:13:00 PM »
So conceivably, a person could open a new account every 29 days!  ...umm  nah  

The two week freebie was only for people that had accounts during the beta (I think).

Yeager

[This message has been edited by Yeager (edited 02-05-2000).]
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
NEW MEMBERSHIP/ACCOUNTS
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2000, 07:39:00 PM »
This will be handled when they get the H2H/8 player server released.  You can practice all you want with some buddies and when you're ready to run with the big dawgs, you know where to go.  

Regards,
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
NEW MEMBERSHIP/ACCOUNTS
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2000, 07:41:00 PM »
First, I disagree Yeager.  Sure the few of us that have flown since the Beta began.......well that is OK.  But consider the NEW folks who have not had 3 months to catch up!  Certainly that should have some bearing on this.    I hope I don't have to sign up and learn a SIM in 2 weeks and become proficient......against the likes of you!  Get Real!  Is AH for you and the WB cult?   Or can some of us other folks play too?  It sickens me to think that you won't accept Everyone here and give them an opportunity too.
I hope you shoot me 3 out of 4 times.  I will enjoy the 1!  I am chapped on my 6 over this!  I might reconsider membership!  You don't give me hope for expansion.......at all!

KKEN

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
NEW MEMBERSHIP/ACCOUNTS
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2000, 07:45:00 PM »
Lol

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
NEW MEMBERSHIP/ACCOUNTS
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2000, 09:28:00 PM »
K-Ken-

I don't think it is realistic to assume the average Joe can get proficient in two weeks. I do think it is realistic for an average Joe to decide if he wants to get proficient in two weeks.  

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
NEW MEMBERSHIP/ACCOUNTS
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2000, 10:50:00 PM »
KKEN,

My observation had to do with your proposal that everyone who starts an account with AH should receive a thirty day free trial.  All I said was that it would be conceivable that a player would simply back out then back in to the registration every twenty nine days or so and that it was my understanding that the two week period was for people that had beta accounts and I am not even sure of that.

Chill dude!

Thats all.

Yeager

"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline BigJim

• Zinc Member
NEW MEMBERSHIP/ACCOUNTS
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2000, 03:44:00 AM »
well if this is the case I need 2 years to train for the likes of torque, mitsu, hangtime, and few others LOL

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
NEW MEMBERSHIP/ACCOUNTS
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2000, 03:14:00 PM »

Originally posted by Yeager:
KKEN,

My observation had to do with your proposal that everyone who starts an account with AH should receive a thirty day free trial.  All I said was that it would be conceivable that a player would simply back out then back in to the registration every twenty nine days or so and that it was my understanding that the two week period was for people that had beta accounts and I am not even sure of that.

Chill dude!

Thats all.

Yeager

My only point is or was.....they get a FREE month...BUT they have to establish an account.  If they drop out, they pay! Sorry if I wasn't clear on that part of my post.  OK, Pay the first month get the second one free.  I am only making a suggestion to stimulate interest and membership!  
KKEN