Author Topic: Dev update in news... 190 is a lock  (Read 1250 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Dev update in news... 190 is a lock
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2005, 09:03:32 PM »
Originally posted by Flyboy
actually, i like the 190s as they are now...but if its wrong then fix it.

visibility issues? what issues? 190s have great visibility...

cant move under 250mph? what are you talking about? you must be doing something wrong..

I have no problem with the 190s as they are. The A5, A8 Or the D9.

He probably aint treating her like a lady
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 09:25:37 PM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Engine

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2005, 10:24:15 PM »
Me:
automatic flaps on the N1K that extended randomly.

You:
Originally posted by Karnak
:confused:
The N1K's automatic flap system was very reliable, unlike it's engine.

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2005, 10:42:47 PM »
Since I only fly the 19A8, I cannot speak about all 190's.

I find the A8 flys well, stable and predictable from about 110mph to 550mph.

It handles the deck as well at 20K.  I try and stay above 350 mph in an engagement.  (I have engagements not fights).  I handles very well at speed.  Certainly not as good as a Hog, Pony or Lavotchkin.  But still very well.

It has a reasonable rate of climb, dives well, runs on the deck fast enough to get you into a friendly horde before the LA7 behind you can ping your tail off.

It rolls really really fast, which can be used to throw off a bogey on your 6's tracking shots, or to get him out of sync with you long enough for you to get him to overshoot, or for the cavalry to arrive.  Usually if you can show the bogey that you are not an easy target, they will disengage, because they know that very soon the will be bounced by several of you team mates.

If you get into a slow turning fight with anything other than a late model 109 or 190, you will soon be walking home.

The 190 is a plane that is meant to be flown fast, and with no mercy shown to the enemy.  Strictly hit and run. Stay hight, stay fast, attack, make your firing pass, and get out of dodge.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2005, 08:18:45 AM »
Originally posted by AKFokerFoder+
Since I only fly the 19A8, I cannot speak about all 190's.

I find the A8 flys well, stable and predictable from about 110mph to 550mph.

It handles the deck as well at 20K.  I try and stay above 350 mph in an engagement.  (I have engagements not fights).  I handles very well at speed.  Certainly not as good as a Hog, Pony or Lavotchkin.  But still very well.

It has a reasonable rate of climb, dives well, runs on the deck fast enough to get you into a friendly horde before the LA7 behind you can ping your tail off.

It rolls really really fast, which can be used to throw off a bogey on your 6's tracking shots, or to get him out of sync with you long enough for you to get him to overshoot, or for the cavalry to arrive.  Usually if you can show the bogey that you are not an easy target, they will disengage, because they know that very soon the will be bounced by several of you team mates.

If you get into a slow turning fight with anything other than a late model 109 or 190, you will soon be walking home.

The 190 is a plane that is meant to be flown fast, and with no mercy shown to the enemy.  Strictly hit and run. Stay hight, stay fast, attack, make your firing pass, and get out of dodge.

A-8 is a damn good plane.
You forgot to mention  one of its other attributes
It accelerates really well
 Doesnt turn as well as the A5 But it accelerates well enough to get you out of trouble almost as fast as you got into it.

A-8 and A-5 can turnfight with almost anything for short periods. But the longer you turnfight the more the odds go against you.

It is generally a bad idea to get into an extended turnfight against most of the planes in the game. Particularly  against the EZ mode planes (Spit- La7).

You can go a turn or two but if you dont get a firing solution fairly quickly you better think about extending and getting some speed back
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2005, 08:51:55 AM »
Originally posted by Engine
I'd give Flyboy's left nut if HT implemented automatic flaps on the N1K that extended randomly.  FLYBOY'S LEFT NUT.

you will have to ctach me first you fat drunk bastige

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2005, 09:57:03 AM »
Flyboy's which left nut?

I thought he had two left nuts.

:D :D :D

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2005, 10:04:42 AM »
Engine,

And?  You asked for something that would hurt the N1K2-J, in this case modeling it so that the combat flaps were faulty and would extend randomly.  Randomly is bad, just to make it clear.  The combat flaps should only extend when a certain angle of attack is exceeded, not randomly.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Crispy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.thegreenmountainboys.com
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2005, 10:52:26 AM »
I would like to know where you guys think the 190 turned? In any way for or manuer.  I here "don't pork it more than it is"... DOH.  You show me any documentation that shows it turned.

190's did not turn fight EVER.  They were not designed for it and could not turn.  A hog could turn 360 degree's in the time a 190 turned 180. That has been well documented.  Most 190 pilots prefered the 109.  The 190 was designed to be a fast bomber interceptor...nothing more.  It all ready turns to good.  Hope they get it right.

Just what we need is another LaLa or 110 dweeb ride..... NOT

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2005, 11:26:40 AM »
Originally posted by Crispy
That has been well documented.  Most 190 pilots prefered the 109.  
i dont know where you get your dilluded information, but the 190 was considered one of the best planes of WWII.

many many accounts of the pilots finding it better in almost every way over the 109. just for takeoff and landing alone, the 190 was more stable, and easier to fly.

the cockpit was the greatest innovation. it was WAY ahead of it's time, even into the 50's and everyone who flew it loved it.

as far as "turning" you mean tight 140 mph turns at the treetops? that happened like maybe 2 times in all of WWII. when the first 190A3's came onto the scene against the RAF spitV's the spit pilots were shocked at how superior the 190 was in almost every catagory.

try reading more than 1 biased book on the planes before you make rash statements.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2005, 11:48:06 AM »
Originally posted by JB73
when the first 190A3's came onto the scene against the RAF spitV's the spit pilots were shocked at how superior the 190 was in almost every catagory

Except for turn radius and turn time.

That said, Crispy's version is highly exagerated.  The Fw190 did not turn quite as well as the Bf109, but it wasn't some "bomber-killer" only fighter.  In fact, it was markedly superior to the Bf109 at killing fighters, regardless of what Barbi says.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Swarmed

• Copper Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/kazuoson
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2005, 12:28:51 PM »
I agree with JB73. Every account I've read from Luftwaffe pilots in WWII, was that they thought the 190 was a much better airplane than tha 109 overall. I'm sure there were some pilots that would rather be in a 109 than a 190, but that wasn't the majority.

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2005, 03:31:18 PM »
Originally posted by Sikboy
I'd laugh for a week if the 190's performance went down and the n1k2's perfromance went up.

-Sik

there's a rumor that 190A-5's perf will be changed

*reduced climb rate as you go higher
*faster deck speeds (350 +- mphrange)

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2005, 07:41:57 PM »
All I want  to know is will they reduce the chaffing from the Kurt Tank leather hosen apparel, that comes standard in all Wuergers hmm?