Author Topic: To the buff hunters  (Read 637 times)

Arkan

To the buff hunters
« on: February 05, 2000, 08:37:00 PM »
I fly mostly 26's and sometimes 17's basically cause I'm more effective with them than fighter.I respect and am very happy for all of ya than can effectively fly fighters.I for one am having a hard time flying them.So to maintain the fun and my usefullness to my team I fly bombers.

How about instead of trying to limit the bombers abilities even more concerning it's guns try changing your tactics when attacking them.The 26 has more than enough weaknesses that fighters attacking it may take advantage of.As for the 17 how about attacking a single 17 with more than one fighter from different directions since a gunner can only man 1 position at a time.
Not much of a ww2 history buff as far as the air war goes but I seriously doubt any lone pilot attacked a 17 unless he didn't want to make it back home.

Far as all this talk about the tail gun goes what are y'all doin attacking from a bombers 6 anyway.Surefire way to get your hams smoked  

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
To the buff hunters
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2000, 09:24:00 PM »
First, mostly agree. I don't think buffs are very hard to kill for the most part. OTOH, I do think there are aspects of the buff flight model that need refining because they are not historic (speed, alt).

TT

To the buff hunters
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2000, 11:34:00 PM »
 With the interduction of the UFO-1c I have become an avid buff hunter. I think there worth more points than a fighter.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
To the buff hunters
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2000, 06:27:00 AM »
If buff flies +30k, it is kind of hard to use any complex tactics  

Most of all, you don't have enough fuel to do that!

I think that B-26 is also too fast to try anything on it when flying too high.

Giving up with fuel modifier and making distances twice longer might help.. (map too short for any correct attacks when +30k)

But well.. we can just wait for HTC to model engines correctly, no more 24 hour 100% throttle driving for buffies..

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
To the buff hunters
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2000, 06:29:00 AM »
Shouldn't that be F4U-1CIA; It's a US plane conspiracy I tells ya!   Although the UFO-B Marauder will be getting it's FM fixed apparently...