Author Topic: Ground targets  (Read 422 times)

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Ground targets
« on: February 10, 2001, 11:01:00 AM »
What are the different ground targets in a base, and do they need to be destroyed in any particular order?

Additionaly, I some times see bases, or at least installations, which don't show on the map (clip board). Should I go in and strafe these, or am I risking porking my own bases?

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Ground targets
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2001, 11:52:00 AM »
Acks, fuel, ammo dumps, hangars, radar. Don't have to destroy them in a particular order but I can recommend taking out the vehicle hangar first, to avoid the spawning of Ostwinds From Hell, and then ack, radar and hangars. Or, if you're part of a strike force, hangars, radar, ack  .

The installations you see are start targets, such as training facilities, oil refineries etc. If they're near your territory, theiy're friendlies and your ammo won't do any damage  .

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up space"

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Ground targets
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2001, 02:31:00 PM »
Thanks!

When you say strat targets, does this imply that damaging them will in fact hamper the enemy?

When you say I can't damage my own side (not that they'll believe you!, will I see some kind of sign that I'm wasting my time, or what?

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
Ground targets
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2001, 10:59:00 AM »
Damaging the factories don't directly hinders the enemy, but it affects the time it takes for the corresponding structure at the enemy's base to rebuild after it is destroyed.

For instance hitting the fuel tanks at a base (if all is down only 25% can be chosen) and they rebuild in 30 min. If the fuel refinery is damaged then it will take longer.

To determine the ownership of the facility download the map on my page. I have marked them and coloured them differently for each country.

------------------
Ltn. Snefens
RO, Lentolaivue 34
My AH homepage
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Ground targets
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2001, 05:51:00 PM »
all right! I'm getting there.

BTW I was in Ċrhus last weekend, where were you hiding?