Author Topic: Do you tards ever fly?  (Read 745 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Do you tards ever fly?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2005, 01:59:37 PM »
prius driving wussy boy.

lazs

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
Do you tards ever fly?
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2005, 02:01:26 PM »
I fly in the H2H arena only, for now. Does that count? I happened upon a really tight, furious furball in the FFA room last night. I think the other 7 fliers must've been veterans because there was no face shooting on first passes, people were actually respectful, more than once I heard ppl calling out they were wounded, or engine porked, and the opponent would let 'em go. Most times, if someone saw two planes in a heated engagement, they'd seek other prey. Maybe because there was no shortage of targets. For at least 30 minutes it was a continual ballet of death and destruction. It was a rare moment indeed.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Do you tards ever fly?
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2005, 02:01:51 PM »
Heck Guns, if I had a droptop Stang I'd prefer to drive, too.:cool:
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
Do you tards ever fly?
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2005, 02:02:44 PM »
no

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Do you tards ever fly?
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2005, 02:05:14 PM »
Originally posted by slimm50
I fly in the H2H arena only, for now. Does that count? I happened upon a really tight, furious furball in the FFA room last night. I think the other 7 fliers must've been veterans because there was no face shooting on first passes, people were actually respectful, more than once I heard ppl calling out they were wounded, or engine porked, and the opponent would let 'em go. Most times, if someone saw two planes in a heated engagement, they'd seek other prey. Maybe because there was no shortage of targets. For at least 30 minutes it was a continual ballet of death and destruction. It was a rare moment indeed.

havent played there yet.  might have to try.  anything i need to know first?
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Do you tards ever fly?
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2005, 02:56:40 PM »
I flew till my conx went to hell and lag got so bad I couldn't even shoot Rip down.:p
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Do you tards ever fly?
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2005, 03:03:39 PM »
I fly Tuesdays and Saturdays if I'm not off winning a regatta.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline debuman

• Copper Member
Do you tards ever fly?
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2005, 03:12:27 PM »
Originally posted by Muckmaw1
Here's my reasoning.

In AH, you just get in and go.

It real life, you have pre-flight, ATIS, Checklist, Start-up, taxi,etc etc. You've got crosswind landings, traffic patterns, G-load limits,.

AH is just too watered down to me now. It makes a great video game, but FOR ME, it's too arcade and not enough sim.

Of course, I don't want to do a walk around on a virtual plane, or a weight and balance, but certain realistic features would go a long way.

Actually those are some of the things that I enjoy abut AH.  In RL I have a Private Pilot's License,  and I hate the time that you waste (and still pay for btw) in taxiing, waiting for ATC clearance to take-off, etc.
Also, it really hurts the Cessna 172"s peroformance when I mount those 20mm gondolas under the wings, or hang a 500 lb bomb under the fuselage - sometimes it scrapes the pavement while taxiing 'cuz the Cessna's wheels aren't that big, and you have to sit thee sweating bullets if it's gonna explode or not!

OK, fantasy mode off now.  BUT, how many of you RL pilots have used a bug spot or something on the windscreen and pretended it was a gunsight?  Don't you wish you could mount a K-14 or something in your Piper or Cessna?  Imagine linng up on the guy that cut's you off in the traffic pattern....

Offline wombatt

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Do you tards ever fly?
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2005, 03:14:57 PM »
Do you tards ever fly?

Tried once but I broke my ankle when I jumped off the roof.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Do you tards ever fly?
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2005, 03:19:59 PM »
Originally posted by slimm50

Isnt the FFA room where all the guys who drive tractors to school hang out?

Offline wombatt

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Do you tards ever fly?
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2005, 03:21:05 PM »
Originally posted by StarOfAfrica2
Isnt the FFA room where all the guys who drive tractors to school hang out?

Yeah and they wear those cool blue jackets too:rofl

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
Do you tards ever fly?
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2005, 03:24:24 PM »
Originally posted by JB88
havent played there yet.  might have to try.  anything i need to know first?

Just be sure to read the motd so you know what the host expects, then expect the host to not be on, and some baby seals being total jerks. That way you'll be pleasantly surprised if you find some folks in there who aren't that way. But baby seals are common.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Do you tards ever fly?
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2005, 03:45:05 PM »
Oh no...Furball singing R&B... that's all we needed.
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Do you tards ever fly?
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2005, 04:08:19 PM »
Suppose to be flying today but the customers canceled due to the low cloud  over Auckland at the moment.

Or the MA, yes for the last couple of weeks but my tirial experied and I'm not sure it's worth the 15 bucks a month, that plus I keep getting packet loss on occasion.

...-Gixer

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Do you tards ever fly?
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2005, 04:33:24 PM »
Originally posted by debuman
Actually those are some of the things that I enjoy abut AH.  In RL I have a Private Pilot's License,  and I hate the time that you waste (and still pay for btw) in taxiing, waiting for ATC clearance to take-off, etc.

I lasted about 8 hours in planes before I got bored with all that fixed wing crap, plus all I ever wanted to do was fly helicopters anyway.

Hot summer day's are my favourite and watching the fixed wing guys sweat as flying helo's there is no such thing as having to wait in long queues with the meter running for ATC, taxi,ATC,take-off as  it's usually  just "callsign, loc,request take-off low level via waterworks"(or some sutitable nearby landmark) and gone. Leaving the lfixed wing guys to sweat a little longer in their little cockpits dreaming of flying 777's :lol

Meanwhile I'm at 500 feet with the doors off enjoying the breeze.   :D

...-Gixer