Author Topic: new tactics?  (Read 308 times)

Offline Trippy

• Zinc Member
new tactics?
« on: February 04, 2005, 06:09:26 PM »
hi all.  anyone remember when a base would be attacked, then the the defenders would up and push the fight back to the other base, making the attackee, the attacker? good fun, lots of good fights etc.

does this happen anymore?  since i have been back this is what i see.  a large force attempts attacking a base.  the defenders up, and then hover over base endlessly, not counter attacking, just waiting for the guy to stroll in.

today, i see a red bar, then a medium sized green bar, surely there must be some good fights there right?  well i get there and see this pattern of hovering aircraft, so maybe i can drag one out of pact, well you get 4 or 5, and they all turn back to base at same time.

so now i feel like a dweeb because i refuse to let my speed down so i can be ganged by these guys, but none will follow to fight, or counter attacker, or even bother to try to move the fight out from their field.

i watched the bar stay full red for over an hour, and it looked like about 1 plane going into a all of this.  meanwhile, they are leaving nearly every base in the area unprotected, and so there is no fight to take these bases at all.  

*throws hands up in air* what gives.  am i the only one to notice this, is just me, or does this really happen? is it a rank thing?  i cant see how 20 planes competing for 1 kill is fun, and is really not much of a fight for anyone involved.

on side note, the other day i chased an la7 who jumped me, back to our base (a strage choice he made) then long story short got on his 6 and in shooting position.  next thing i hear on vox is some guy who was demonstrating the behavior i mention above starts yelling at me to break off, and that it is his kill- amazing.

i understand the need for high cap over a base, but really.....
trippy

Offline Scaevola

• Copper Member
new tactics?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 06:32:01 PM »
Just start wiping the bases out that they aren't protecting or if you want a fight on equal terms go with some friends of your own and knock their cap off. If you're looking for 1 to 1 then the only place you can really be sure of it is the DA.

What sort of plane were you in?, if I'm engaged with a faster plane I'm not gonna try and chase it down and will break off after it becomes clear that they're running. If I'm going to fight then it's going to be on my terms if I can manage it.

Did you get the LA7 or did you leave it for the other guy or did he wait until you shot it's wings off then follow it to the ground strafing it?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 06:36:55 PM by Scaevola »

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
new tactics?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 07:10:33 PM »
Welcome to the MA.

"today, i see a red bar, then a medium sized green bar, surely there must be some good fights there right? well i get there and see this pattern of hovering aircraft, so maybe i can drag one out of pact, well you get 4 or 5, and they all turn back to base at same time. "

That is how things are done now... love it or leave it.

Offline Trippy

• Zinc Member
new tactics?
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 07:31:35 PM »
Originally posted by Scaevola

What sort of plane were you in?, if I'm engaged with a faster plane I'm not gonna try and chase it down and will break off after it becomes clear that they're running. If I'm going to fight then it's going to be on my terms if I can manage it.

Did you get the LA7 or did you leave it for the other guy or did he wait until you shot it's wings off then follow it to the ground strafing it?

you bet, i wasted that la7, not that we was a good stick or anything.  i was in a la5.  i don't really mind "runners" though at times it does get a little much.

urchin, guess you're right, but i would really like to know what makes people so timid.  they would rather spend 20 minutes circling a base, trying for that 1 kill that 10 people compete for.  meanwhile the could fight and die 5 times in the same time span and would probably get more kills, and hopefully get better.  not saying they should just furball, but i just can't see the fun of hovering, unless you're in a helicopter over a yacht with hot naked chicks flashing you!

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
new tactics?
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 07:36:12 PM »
I don't know, I've never really gotten an answer other than they suck at fighting and don't want to try to learn how to get better.  

You'll still get some decent fights occasionally, as long as you don't mind fighting 4 or 5 on 1 and giving up the initial alt advantage.