Author Topic: Stick Scaling  (Read 436 times)

GJ

Stick Scaling
« on: October 26, 2000, 02:53:00 AM »
Any good tips on stick for various A/C?

Also to lessen the bounce of the A/C with Joystick movements?

RGJ

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Stick Scaling
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2000, 10:35:00 AM »
well it really depends on the amount of sensitivity that you have. As a "general rule" you can do more with the pitch thaqn with anything else. from "0" decrease the slider, (move it down to the bottom) and then push the slider up a little gradually till you are at "90" where you want full imput for your stick. This will take out alot of the porpoising but stioll give youa  full throw when you need it. As far as the roll, yaw, and throttle, I would leave them maxed all the way across but if needed you can play with them to get the feel you want.

ammo
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
Stick Scaling
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2000, 12:56:00 PM »
If you've got an older stick, like mine, set a wider dead band. My twist rudders are a little sensitive, and the twist has some play in it from age. I set a slightly wide rudder dead band to compensate for this. Pitch on mine, starts about 70 and goes up slowly. Rudder is the same way, but roll is maxed out. I wouldn't do this if you've got some play side-to-side with your stick, as it could cause you to roll sharply when you barely move it. Dead band on mine is set at about a quarter inch for all axis except throttle. That's set for zero dead band, with a little dampening to prevent spikes.

------------------
Flakbait
Delta 6's Flight School
"My art is the wings of an aircraft through the skies, my music the deep hum of a prop as it slices the air, my thrill the thunder of guns tearing asunder an enemy plane."
Flakbait
19 September 2000