Author Topic: AIUUUUUTOOOOOOOOOO !!!  (Read 739 times)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
AIUUUUUTOOOOOOOOOO !!!
« on: February 14, 2001, 11:10:00 AM »
<---- Discovered Macchi C205 after 14 months of flying in AH, desperately looking for some lessons/training in it!

Perdonna mi per non avere scoperto quella machina primo... hehehe  

------------------
MASS/SAW

click  HERE for info on III./JG 5 Eismeer
"kindergarden must be closed... all those little girls running around screaming..."
 -Fd ski

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 02-14-2001).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
AIUUUUUTOOOOOOOOOO !!!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2001, 04:26:00 PM »
Heck Saw, you swap planes like underwear! Come back to the Pony, you know you want to  

As for someone to help you with the 205, i have about 1/2 flight-time in that puppy, and im a terrible angles fighter. Talk to someone like Gatt, he's the Jedi master in the 205.

-------------------------
Spatula

=357th Pony Express=

From the Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord.
Mental note # 15
"I will never employ any device with a digital countdown. If I find that such a device is absolutely unavoidable, I will set it to activate when the counter reaches 117 and the hero is just putting his plan into operation. "
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
AIUUUUUTOOOOOOOOOO !!!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2001, 05:28:00 PM »
He's just taking the long winding route necessary to discover the Jug.  

------------------
Lephturn - Aces High Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

Check out Lephturn's Aerodrome!

"Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know." - Michel Eyquem, seigneur de Montaigne. (1533–1592)

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
AIUUUUUTOOOOOOOOOO !!!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2001, 06:30:00 PM »
...before he returns to the Fw190A  

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
AIUUUUUTOOOOOOOOOO !!!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2001, 12:18:00 AM »
Naaaah ! I just lov'um all  

The ones I fly most are still the Jug and the 109's  

But, this C205 is sweet ! (if only I could remove those ugly black curtains   ...)
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
AIUUUUUTOOOOOOOOOO !!!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2001, 06:31:00 AM »
If you want to learn the most about E fighting, and accurate gunnery, fly the Yak for a tour. There isn't a better plane to learn those tactics in.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
AIUUUUUTOOOOOOOOOO !!!
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2001, 07:20:00 AM »
Can't Verm, I'm such a bad shot that I can't afford flying without at least 400 rounds of something "decent"  

I like how the Yak flies, Usualy takes a bit more time for someone to shoot me in it than usualy, but dinnae have enough Ammo in it to shoot a C47  
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
AIUUUUUTOOOOOOOOOO !!!
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2001, 07:29:00 AM »
Thx Spatula  

Heya MASS, italian (rusty) irons are not so bad eh?   If you want to master the C.205 you need at least some hundred sorties in it, like with many other fiters. Less if you are a good 109 driver.

The C.205 climbs quite well up to 16-18K. She is slow at low alt, enuff fast at medium alt and fast at 18-23K, but *very* unstable at high altitude. Acceleration is good and she has a good dive. She is maneuverable up to +400mph. Good E retention and good zoom climb (you'll surprise many foes      ). Enuff good at turning (enuff for every axis pilot, that is), she's very good at vertical maneuvers especially when you are fast. Roll rate is not very good, keep your roll/sliders at max setting, your wing tanks empty ASAP, and learn quickly your roll rates at various speeds. Generally, *DONT* use the C.205 for turn-fiting.

The 205's FM is a bit unstable, IMHO. You need quite a lot trimming and the head movements when you maneuver are huge (much more than the La-5, the 190 or the Spit). This make aiming more difficult than in other fiters.

My nemesis, B&Zers apart, are La-5 and Nikis up to 18-20K; then P38s, Spitfires IX and 109G-10 above 20-22K. Under that alt you can disengage from Spitfires quite easily (provided you are travelling at medium/high speed). Remember, keep her reasonably fast (320-360mph TAS). Use her like a 109-F, G-2 or G-6 and you'll be VERY happy. Go vertical, but if you want you can turn with and better than most AH's E fiters. A fast (or higher) C.205 is one of the most dangerous foes in the arena, IMHO.

The 2x20mm and 2x12,7mm have enuff lethality to shoot down everything up to 350-400yds with a short burst, but with quite a lot deflection at extreme range. The ammo load is huge indeed.

Again, imagine to fly a 109 with slight less climb rate ... but faster (G-10 apart), with a better maneuverability and better punch.

Clear as mud. I'm a confused mind, am I?    

[This message has been edited by gatt (edited 02-15-2001).]
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
AIUUUUUTOOOOOOOOOO !!!
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2001, 08:25:00 AM »
Thats the idea Mass  

It teaches you to get in close and increases your accuracy.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
AIUUUUUTOOOOOOOOOO !!!
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2001, 10:11:00 AM »
Doh, Verm, after one year and a half, I finaly admit to myself that I am the poorest shot this earth has ever seen, trust me, I tried everything possible (Yup, even flew the 109f4 before 1.4 !!!)

I am certain now, that it's a "perception" problem, dunno how to figure it out, but I have to blame something, right  ?  

Gatt, I will look you up in the evening ! (didn't do yesterday, was dead-tired and, well...it's even worse   )

Saw
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
AIUUUUUTOOOOOOOOOO !!!
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2001, 12:28:00 PM »
I know that pain SAW.  I shoot between 7 and 4 % usually.    That's really, really bad.

Hence, I fly planes with .50 Cals.  Jug, Kitty, Stang.  The Jug is the best, because you can get 400 rounds in each of 8 fifties.  It makes up for the piss-poor gunnery.  

------------------
Lephturn - Aces High Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

Check out Lephturn's Aerodrome!

"Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know." - Michel Eyquem, seigneur de Montaigne. (1533–1592)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
AIUUUUUTOOOOOOOOOO !!!
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2001, 12:39:00 PM »
That is one of the reasons I fly the Jug most of the time(not to mention that nice little ordinance it can carry!)

I still manage to land it without a single bullit left tho  

=====>> Tis is my Hit % :  0.0394  

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 02-15-2001).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.