Author Topic: Post your ribbons  (Read 4440 times)

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
Re: Post your ribbons
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2009, 02:36:51 PM »
Oh and beleive it or not the CAP (Civil Air Patrol) is a part of the Armed Forces. We wear the uniforms, the berets, and we do drills. But our job was home security, National Security. If there was some sort of Air Raid or evacuations stuff we would be in charge of getting civilians out of their homes and to hard Shelters and so forth. Some of you may know of CAP.
CAP is the U.S. Air Force Auxillary lol, but i wouldnt consider them military, there a goverment branch in the Department of Home Land Security.

Maybe one day i'll join the actual Army.

Hey, I am enlisting in the Army's Delayed Entry Program in May as a 19D Cavalry Scout. If you join the army what MOS would you do?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 02:43:26 PM by Selino631 »
OEF 11-12

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2009, 02:48:07 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I got this one, only 3 awarded in 20 years in my unit. I gave it to an American B17 gunner who lost a finger in combat when he was all alone for his birthday. Turned out he never was a B17 gunner. His wedding picture from after the war showed all 10 fingers.  :o

Yep, Americans military sure is different, they get crazy with their ribbons, the secretary of the US Col that visited us had about 15 ribbons, the Commander of our airbase had 3. :rofl
I done that with my favourite zippo lighter and my gulf medal, thought I was onto a winner when I bumped into 2 Aussie chicks in Uxbridge, London, Got all the right signals, spent around 200 pounds, we all jumped into a cab to go to a club, gave them the stuff as I was hammered and obviously thinking I was James Bond and onto a banker with them both, never saw them again when we got into the club, had to walk back to the Barracks as I was broke by then :o
Got that zippo from some US Navy guys when I went to Iceland, me and some mates got tanked up there and were walking around in T-shirts lol, These guys took us back in their wheels, Gave me the zippo as a souvenier, Can't remember the Squadron but they were called "Mad foxes" or something like that, good bunch of guys, even if they were Navy :)
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: January 29, 2009, 03:04:14 PM »
I opened this not knowing it was four years old.  I was confused by reading the first page why it hadn't been modded or locked yet.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #123 on: January 29, 2009, 03:46:52 PM »
Oh and beleive it or not the CAP (Civil Air Patrol) is a part of the Armed Forces. We wear the uniforms, the berets, and we do drills.

Uh NO CAP is not part of the Armed Forces. High school bands wear uniforms, berets, and drill.

Not knocking you Airwolf, I was in CAP as a kid and also served 16 years in the USAF. CAP is an Axillary nothing more.
The day you take a leagal and binding oath, come under the jurisdiction of the UCMJ, get sent to serve someplace in the world you'd rather not be, or put your butt in the line of fire... Then you might be in the military.
Until then you're in the Air Force version of the Boy Scouts. Nothing wrong with it and I'm glad you take so much pride in what you're doing, however you're stretching it by saying it's part of the armed forces.
<S>
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 04:39:22 PM by Shifty »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline superpug1

• Probation
  • Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2009, 12:54:21 AM »
Agreed Shifty. I was in CAP for a good 6 years and did the whole cadet thing. Not once did I think I was in the military, my dad made that clear lol. What we were, was a group of young citizens that were willing to be responsible for tons more than what others our age were doing. NOW though, Im contracted into the USAF as a Cadet on scholarship. So i really dont think my rack counts, but as an AS200 (sophomore) i have:

Achievement Award,
Commendation Award,
Recruiting ribbon,
Drill Team Ribbon
Academic award
and an award for being on scholarship,

Next year I'll have another for being in silverwings. Its a decent rack for a sophomore. I dont wear them though since they get hung up on my back pack and I dont think little colors bits of cloth are that important. .

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2009, 06:59:51 AM »
An old thread ressurected.  But I can contribute. This is the ribbon of the medal I'm entitled to. But never received. Just a plain old service medal of the Irish army Reserve Defence Force.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 07:02:04 AM by cpxxx »

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2009, 08:33:44 AM »
Next year I'll have another for being in silverwings.

Fantastic I hope you get those wings.

I don't think little colors bits of cloth are that important.

After 16 years of active duty I have quite a collection as you can imagine.
I'm proud to have earned them but since they were all earned in peacetime... They're no big deal.
Besides I was an Air Force aircraft mechanic, the nearest thing to combat I saw was in the NCO club or playing Rugby. ;)
Yes for some of them I worked very hard. However I was never in danger or combat like some of the guys on this BBS.
I have a son here in the other room with two Purple Hearts and two Operation Iraqi Freedom ribbons.
I have another son with one Operation Iraqi Freedom ribbon. To me those are the important ones. Mine don't count.

Again good luck I hope you get those SILVER WINGS.

<S>
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 08:48:56 AM by Shifty »

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2009, 08:38:12 AM »
Fantastic I hope you get those wings.

After 16 years of active duty I have quite a collection as you can imagine.
I'm proud to have earned them but since they were all earned in peacetime... They're no big deal.
Yes for some of them I worked very hard. However I was never in danger or combat like some of the guys on this BBS.
I have a son here in the other room with two Purple Hearts and two Operation Iraqi Freedom ribbons.
I have another son with one Operation Iraqi Freedom ribbon. To me those are the important ones. Mine don't count.

Again good luck I hope you get those SILVER WINGS.

<S>
  Thank your sons for me Shifty.   :salute

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2009, 08:50:21 AM »
Thanks Sluggish, I will.  :)

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2009, 10:42:00 AM »
A little late getting in here  :D  but here is my list

Navy Commendation Medal
Navy Achievement medal x 2
Navy Meritorious Unit Commendation
Coast Guard Meritorious Unit Commendation
Navy "Battle E" x 4
Good Conduct Medal x 4
National Defense Service Medal x 2
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal x 2
Global War on Terrorism (Expeditionary) Medal
Global War on Terrorism (Service) Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Navy Sea Service Deployment x 5
Coast Guard Special Operations Service Ribbon

Some are just for being there..some were hard earned over the 14 years I've been in.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 10:45:30 AM by ASTAC »
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #130 on: January 30, 2009, 03:57:05 PM »
HOLY DEATH THREAD RESSURECTION!!

This is one of those times where threads like this shouldn't have a "statute of limitations".    I never served but am very respectful of those who served.   

This thread WILL NOT be locked.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: January 30, 2009, 04:43:54 PM »
This thread WILL NOT be locked.   

Until someone spots my Battlefield 2 medals....

:devil

Offline superpug1

• Probation
  • Silver Member
« Reply #132 on: January 30, 2009, 11:56:56 PM »
good job on the part of your sons. I agree with you, the combat ones are the important ones.

Unfortunately Silverwings is a service organization affiliated with AFROTC, its not pilot wings. BUT!!! I am going up for categorization next year and hopefully ill get a pilot or a strike nav spot. If not, OSI here i come lol

Offline DustyR

• Copper Member
« Reply #133 on: January 31, 2009, 07:19:31 AM »
 USAF Good Conduct Medal. 
Coal Country WV -- Home of the free ** because of the brave.

Offline BravoFour

• Zinc Member
« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2009, 12:45:26 PM »
Purple Heart
Army Commendation Medal (4th Award)
Army Achievement Medal (2nd Award)
Army Good Conduct Medal
National Defence Service Medal
Iraqi Campain Ribbon
Afghanistan Campain Ribbon
Global War on Terrorism Expenditonary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Army Service Ribbon
NCO Professional Development Ribbon
Oversea's Service Medal (3rd Award)

Combat Infantrymans Badge
Expert Infantrymans Badge
Parachutist Badge
Expert Marksman Badge (Carbine, Pistol, Rifle, and Machinegun)
Driver Badge

Presidential Unit Citation