Author Topic: Random CTD bug  (Read 205 times)

Offline meshotu

• Zinc Member
Random CTD bug
« on: February 04, 2005, 10:47:53 PM »
After the 2.02 patch, I have had more CTDs in the past week than I have in the past year playing. It happens rather randomly, with absolutely no warning. No beacon light or anything. The screen will freeze for about 30-45 sec. then it will state that I have lost UDP. I am not the only one with this problem, as I have been asking around a bit. I have had 6 CTDs since the 2.01 patch, and 2.02 hasn't helped the situation, but also hasn't worsened it. It hasn't happened in a vehicle yet, only planes. And it seems to happen no matter what plane I am flying, but the only ones I can recall getting a CTD in is the P-38G (3 times) N1K2-J (1) LA-7(1) and the Spitfire MK. V (1). I am not sure how to post/email you my dxdiag config. but if you do need that my email address is d2d44@hotmail.com. Thanks.

meshotu
~~WILD ACES~~

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
Random CTD bug
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 12:52:26 AM »
happens to me most in Tigers, Lancs and 24's. It also happens regularly when in ship guns. I can count on it happening within 10 minutes of gettin in the 5 or 8 inch guns. It also happens at critical times. One last building to kill in a town? disco. Killing that last FH at a feild? Disco. Bringing in troops? disco. I think someones got there finger on my eject button. :) Well, sometimes it seems like it anyway...

Offline meshotu

• Zinc Member
think I may have found the cure
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 12:50:33 PM »
I think I may have fixed my problem, so for any of you who are experiencing the same thing, try this: Go to your graphics card options, and make sure you have Anti-aliasing turned to Application Controlled. Dont have it manually set to whatever you like, as when I set this back down, I havent been kicked to desktop since. I have actually been able to stay on for hours on end now, so I am assuming that the problem is fixed. So give it a shot, and see how it works out for ya.