Author Topic: Some brief questions...  (Read 445 times)

brett_w72

Some brief questions...
« on: November 05, 2000, 12:11:00 AM »
Newbie....
I have read thru previous posts and quite a few of my questions were answered. I do need some clarification on some points tho'.

1)What do I actually bomb on an enemy airfield? Bombing hangers etc does not seem to yield damage. What is the aim here.
2) I did bomb a small field and a red bar appeared. But it seemed to diminished quite quickly. Certainly fast enough so I could not get back in time to add to the damage. Is this an automatic repair?
3) Why would I bother to rearm refuel and not just ditch and takeoff again. Are points lost when ditching?
4) Can one person fly a plane while one or more operate the gun stations. I have heard requests for someone to "gun" for them.
5) I know of only one way to capture a base. IE with troops. Are these just dropped nearby a map bunker or it has to be specific.

Thanks for any assist.
Brett.

Offline Wingnut_0

• Copper Member
      • http://www.Luftjagerkorps.com
Some brief questions...
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2000, 05:39:00 AM »

1)What do I actually bomb on an enemy airfield? Bombing hangers etc does not seem to yield damage. What is the aim here.

Bombing an airfield has several targets.  FH (Fighter Hanger), BH (Bomber Hanger), VH (Bomber Hanger) are the most common amongst Ack.  There are also fuel u can bomb, ammo bunkers, etc.  FH, VH, BH, etc require a certain amount of damage to destroy them.  I believe FH's are just under 3k worth of ordinace to destroy.

2) I did bomb a small field and a red bar appeared. But it seemed to diminished quite quickly. Certainly fast enough so I could not get back in time to add to the damage. Is this an automatic repair?

The base does have auto repair.  15 minutes on FH's, BH's etc.  And 30 minutes for ack.  The red bar has to do with Cons (Enemy) in that sector..not base damage.

3) Why would I bother to rearm refuel and not just ditch and takeoff again. Are points lost when ditching?

The whole point of doing a sortie is to try and make it back to base in one piece.  Granted that doesn't always happen..but yes it does affect ur ratings, etc.  If you ditch just to ditch, quite frankly, you might as well play Quake..so please only ditch if your AC is damaged enough that it can't make it back to base.

4) Can one person fly a plane while one or more operate the gun stations. I have heard requests for someone to "gun" for them.

Yes, if a potention gunner types:   .join Wingnut  He can be my gunner..works in bombers.

5) I know of only one way to capture a base. IE with troops. Are these just dropped nearby a map bunker or it has to be specific.

Troops can be dropped from a C47 or an M3 troop truck.  And they have to travel to the map room, so the closest u get them there the better.  Also..with C47's, drops must be made at least 800 Above Seal Level...i usually drop at 1100ft to be safe.

------------------
Wingnut
GeschwaderKommadore
P.T.R. "Black 13"

The quality of the box matters little.  Success depends upon the man who sits in it  -  Baron Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Rickenbacker

• Zinc Member
Some brief questions...
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2000, 09:13:00 AM »
Just wanted to add that .join works in fighters too, but then you're just an observer, and stuck there until the guy you're attached to lands.

------------------
        Rickenbacker (Ricken)

-ISAF-
the Independent Swedish Air Force

brett_w72

Some brief questions...
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2000, 11:44:00 PM »
 Thank you for the effort of giving such detailed answers. Its much appreciated.

Thats certainly filled in the missing pieces.

Brett

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Some brief questions...
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2000, 11:54:00 AM »
By the way....I believe the drop from the C-47 needs to be at least 800 ft above ground level...not sea level.  IE - if a base is at 1500 feet then the drop needs to be made from at least 2300 feet.