Author Topic: Time of Day and Sky Palette  (Read 450 times)

Mako91st

Time of Day and Sky Palette
« on: November 07, 2000, 02:03:00 AM »
Hello...

I have been attempting to change the time of day like I experienced once in a H2H game a while back so that it's just as the sun is coming up.  However... I can't seem to get the sky to be any color but 12:00 noon blue!  No matter what time of day it is, the sky is still blue.  I am using the correct .time convention (.time 05 30 001) but all that does is make the sun just coming up, with an orange horizon, and a BLUE SKY.

Can anyone help me with this?  I'd really appreciate it... thanks.

Mako

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2000, 07:14:00 AM »
U can get night i think offline or if u setup a game in H2H
The command is
.time ## ## ##

in order the ##'s represent: hour minutes multiplier

The multiplier just allows u to control how fast time passes.
here's an example for u
.time 18 05 02
(typed in the radio buffer)

thats 6:05 pm with time passing at 2 times the normal rate

SKurj

Mako91st

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2000, 09:38:00 AM »
Right... thanks Skurj, that's how I do it.  But it doesn't set it to nighttime.  The sun is below the horizon and the moon is out, but the sky is still blue.  I can see the sun's light hitting the bottom of my plane when flying level... hehe.

I only saw the black night once before... and it was on the Luzon map.  I don't know if that makes a difference or not.  In fact, the host was playing with the time settings and made it like 2am a couple times... it was pitch black... couldn't see a damn thing.  I tried 2am myself and still got a blue sky.  The sun itself will move to the correct place when you change the time... but the sky never changes.

Mako91st

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2000, 03:51:00 PM »
Ok... I ran into another deal that gave me some more info.

First off... I have been attempting to do this in "Offline" mode.  Does the nighttime work in Offline mode??

Secondly... I checked it and advanced the time... my input was ".time 06 00 10000".  The days of course went by screaming fast.. but I noticed that the sun would come up in the east at 0600... and as I watched the clock the sun would circle overhead and then set at about 1800... then immediately come back up again in the east... like the sun transports itself to the east instantly, bypassing night.

I know this is a bit trivial... but I have some pretty good reasons why I need the nighttime darkness, and this is baffling me.  I am doing all the time dot commands correctly with no results.

Can anyone shed some detailed light on this one?

Thanks a lot...

Mako

[This message has been edited by Mako91st (edited 11-08-2000).]

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2000, 11:38:00 PM »
Mako

It is my understanding that Nighttime is something that is hard coded in by HiTech.

When he changed the code to eliminate it for the Main area, we lost it for everything.

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2000, 07:07:00 AM »
Wanna bet Ghosth? .time 05 30 0 will change it to night, and keep it there. The downside of this is that exactly 2 minutes later [0532] the sun comes up. Hence the reason for setting time rate to zero.

------------------
Flakbait
Delta 6's Flight School
"My art is the wings of an aircraft through the skies, my music the deep hum of a prop as it slices the air, my thrill the thunder of guns tearing asunder an enemy plane."
Flakbait
19 September 2000

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2000, 12:16:00 PM »
Sharky had posted a reply that you should check at http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/default/Forum2/HTML/000307.html   with the mention of (.x ) multi    try   (.time 05 30 .5) if to slow then replace .5 with .75

NOTE     the 1 thing missing is no 1 tells u that nite starts at 5:30am (05 30 x (multi)  not any other time, and it starts getting lighter at approx 5:32am)   most people think of night at approx 10:00pm to 5:00am)

hope this helps

Pokie