Author Topic: Some Thoughts  (Read 1860 times)

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Some Thoughts
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2005, 09:49:41 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Let me say this as a general statement.

There are events people love and events people hate.  If you start trying to make an event work for everyone, it will fail.

The magic of any event is the the uniqueness of the event,  KoTH has always had a decent following of like minded players and I think the format should be left alone.

My intent with KoTH has always been to make it a players' event...  Rules have always been decided on by popular opinion.  I'm not saying we will change it, and not saying we won't either...  I do agree that 5+ hours is a little excessive.  I was thinking of having a specified number of rounds and at the end of round #x, have all the two timers fly a round for KoTH.  I'd suggest using whatever the plane for round#1 was so-as to keep it unbiased.  I think Gremlin had done this type for EuroKoTH once or twice.

Anyway, still haven't seen ALL the 'regulars' thoughts on the matter...

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Some Thoughts
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2005, 10:14:13 AM »
If you want it shorter there is a solution... win the first three matches :D
This from an irregular.
{ ahhhhhhhhhhhhshaddupfuzeman }
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Some Thoughts
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2005, 04:47:40 PM »
Hey guys, how would I sign up for KOTH and possibly the dueling ladders? Thanks
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Some Thoughts
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2005, 05:18:18 PM »
You dont sign up for KOTH ..  It's an event like any other,  you just have to show up the date it's scheduled and participate.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Some Thoughts
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2005, 06:46:01 PM »
For Sour's Ladder, go here and sign up and challenge or wait to be challenged.
http://www.flightladder.com//index.php
It has it's own forum here:
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=48
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Some Thoughts
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2005, 09:57:59 PM »
Alrighty. thx guys!
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Some Thoughts
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2005, 10:32:59 AM »
First let me say BigMax does an outstanding job hosting KOTH. He is fair, impartial and makes it a fun event to take part in.

I agree that bombers don't belong in KOTH. While the A-20 and Stuka are listed as attack planes, they are primarily bomber's. Maybe adding a Wild Card round once during the event would be a solution for those who like flying them. Make it known at the start that round (x) will be the Wild Card and what the plane will be.

Limiting the number of rounds would be a bad thing IMHO. If you want a shorter KOTH, learn better evasive maneuvers, use better tactics and win more rounds. If it were easy, what would be the point? Adapt, improvise and overcome. The ability to survive in the face of ever increasing odds is what makes you King Of The Hill.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Some Thoughts
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2005, 01:04:43 PM »
About the only way to make it shorter, is to somehow turn off icon Names.  That would prevent the two timers from getting ganged, and it would be a much shorter event.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit