Author Topic: auto level disengaging?what happend?  (Read 517 times)

REDBARON3

auto level disengaging?what happend?
« on: March 12, 2001, 10:21:00 PM »
I had every thing going pretty decent,concidering i'm using a "propad".Then every thing just shot to toejam,It was working fine the night before,then i come home the next day,and can't even get off the ground without flipping,I downloaded the "DEMO" of a website,i just can't see why it worked for 1 day and a half,then screws up,i didn't change nonthing
I think it might have something to do with the patch,i unistalled the online version,and played 5 or 6 games off line and it worked,then i got the patch so i caould play online,"BAM"every things screwed up again!
I know i "DON'T want to go buy the game at the store if i'm gonna have all the problems with it.It did work online then just quit though,it's a great game except for the things i'm having to deal with,it's not too much fun coming out of the hanger and going about 200 ft then crashing every time!Would like to straighten everything out though!
THANX too all that replied on my other 2 posts.

------------------
May u never run short
 of "AMMO"

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2001, 10:44:00 PM »
A few points to consider:

1) You can't buy AH in any store, you have to download it

2) The patch only works back to 1.05 P6. If you had a version earlier than this it probably screwed the game up

3) There is no demo version

4) Even sneeze on the controls and auto-level will disengage. Why? You moved the controls, which tells the computer you want to fly the plane yourself.

5) Buy a joystick. AH can be played using a gamepad, but pads don't have enough buttons to take full control of an aircraft.

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
Delta 6's Flight School
Put the P-61B in Aces High
"With all due respect Chaplian, I don't think God wants to hear from me right now.
I'm gonna go out there and remove one of His creations from this universe.
And when I get back I'm gonna drink a bottle of Scotch like it was Chiggy von
Richthofen's blood and celebrate his death."
Col. McQueen, Space: Above and Beyond

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2001, 03:04:00 AM »
All of Flak points are valid, especially the joystick, but maybe you've screwed up the button assignments.

Hit the set up button on the clipboard, examine what the button assignments are and make sure you've got the mapping you want.

I'm not sure if it's just me or if it's deliberate, but I *think* auto trim (all modes) is less accurate since the patch. It still works, but the margin between doing it your self and auto trim is greater now; which reinforces the point you'll get more out of the game (and any flight sim) with a decent joystick. You don't need to spend $100's, but as a minimum you'll need an eight way view hat, some rudder control (pedals or twist stick, it's a matter of taste), and as many buttons as you can afford.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2001, 05:06:00 AM »
do you have "trim" wheels on your gamepad? I have them on my joystick..my children love to fool with them auto trim will not work if they are out of zero.

ammo
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline AcId

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2001, 10:09:00 AM »
lemme make a small point here.....I'm guessing by the fact that you don't have a joystick that you are not a huge fan of flight sims. That being said this is a very unforgiving sim, a propad doesnt cut it here, this game is meant for at least a joystick with rudder controls. This is not meant to scare you away, If your looking for a realistic experience as I was IMHO this is it, I stopped looking. This game offers a level of gameplay that I couldnt find in any other flight-sim. If this is what your looking for then I strongly suggest you get yourself a Joystick, any other advice I'm afraid will yield very little results in your situation. Good luck  

------------------
XO VMF-222 The flyin deuces

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2001, 10:28:00 AM »
very good advice acid.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

REDBARON3

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2001, 12:27:00 PM »

Originally posted by REDBARON3:
I had every thing going pretty decent,concidering i'm using a "propad".Then every thing just shot to toejam,It was working fine the night before,then i come home the next day,and can't even get off the ground without flipping,I downloaded the "DEMO" of a website,i just can't see why it worked for 1 day and a half,then screws up,i didn't change nonthing
I think it might have something to do with the patch,i unistalled the online version,and played 5 or 6 games off line and it worked,then i got the patch so i caould play online,"BAM"every things screwed up again!
I know i "DON'T want to go buy the game at the store if i'm gonna have all the problems with it.It did work online then just quit though,it's a great game except for the things i'm having to deal with,it's not too much fun coming out of the hanger and going about 200 ft then crashing every time!Would like to straighten everything out though!
THANX too all that replied on my other 2 posts.

Thanx for the replies,i'll keep trying!

------------------
May u never run short
 of "AMMO"

Offline NHFoxtro

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2001, 12:33:00 PM »
   After you get a joystick and re-install the game, go back into the training arena and look for a trainer. They are most helpful for new commers. Also before you ask to be trained it also good to read the material in the Help section www.Hitechcreations.com  

This will give you all the information you will need to get started and get yourself ready for training. You will enjoy this game better than any other flight sim out there at this time, you just have to learn how to play it. It takes a little time, but well worth it, and the Community is Cool. I've been in other communities were it is nothing but constant flaming. I haven't seen that in this community at all. Pretty civil bunch  hehehehe       Enjoy!!

------------------
NHFoxtro
-XO-NightHawks

NightHawks "WE BAD"

[This message has been edited by NHFoxtro (edited 03-13-2001).]

[This message has been edited by NHFoxtro (edited 03-13-2001).]