Author Topic: Why don't i have "YAW"  (Read 520 times)

REDBARON3

Why don't i have "YAW"
« on: March 13, 2001, 07:32:00 PM »
Just wondering why "yaw"isn't included in the setup list?
I went out and bought a flightstick,paid 45$,and still have all the same problems,been trying to get off the ground for 45 mins now,no luck!
If anyone has the settings for a "Logitech",WINGMAN EXTREME,i would greatly appreciate knowing what to set the sliders on i,ve put them just about everywhere now!How do you keep from rolling over as soon as you get off the ground?
One more thing is there any other version besides 1.06?
THANX

------------------
May u never run short
 of "AMMO"

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
Why don't i have "YAW"
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2001, 07:59:00 PM »
Have you Calibrated the Jstick in Windows and in AH setup?

As for the Dampening and deadband sliders both should start close to the bottom till you get used to the stick.

Yaw was removed long ago and not need in the stick calibration. Or calibration handles it differently.

Not sure why you are having so many problems trying to get up and flying. Very few have any problems.

Throttle up, pull back easy on the stick and use a bit of rudder to keep plane on runway.

Gear up after takeoff and you all set to get shot down.

Dog out.........

REDBARON3

Why don't i have "YAW"
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2001, 08:12:00 PM »
Thanx for the info,on the sliders THE GAME WORKED FINE FOR A DAY AND A HALF then every thing just shot to toejam?tried every thing possible!

------------------
May u never run short
 of "AMMO"

Offline AcId

• Silver Member
Why don't i have "YAW"
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2001, 08:38:00 AM »
Takeoffs:

First off the Flight Model here has a steap learning curve and it takes a bit to get used to.
Here is what I do to get off the ground.
On the runway I hold down the spacebar (wheel-brakes) until the Engine(s) start to pull the plane. I then let go the spacebar and correct my line if need-be with the rudder, after I'm straight and gaining in speed I'll push forward on the stick *very gently* (nose-down) until the back wheel comes off the ground and I'm rolling level. Near the end of the runway I center the stick which in most cases will cause the plane to lift off, others require a *gentle* pull back. As soon as I know I'm up, the gear come up, then any flaps if applicable.
At this point you should be gaining alt. There is something you should be listening for....the stall horn, its a buzzing sound, as it gets louder the higher your chances are of flopping over and crashing. If you hear the stall horn you may be pulling back too far, ease it forward until your in level flight or until the horn stops, as you ease it forward you'll gain speed and the horn should decrease in volume. If it is still loud in level flight and you have not engaged Emergency Power, now would be a good time to do that "P", as well as a little nose-down to help gain speed.

Any additions guys?
I hope this helps.

------------------
XO VMF-222 The flyin deuces

TheWobble

Why don't i have "YAW"
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2001, 04:51:00 AM »
I had a logitech wingman digital extreme 3d, it lasted 3 days before it started spiking and it was the WORST stick i have ever had.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Why don't i have "YAW"
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2001, 05:53:00 AM »
what Im gonna tell you will not help you in your takeoff skills, however it will get you airborn...

start AH, in the clipboard, go online, H2H, or offline, whichever you like. Once there go to setup, flight, then click auto takeoff. now when you go on the runway AH will launch your AC and retract your gear for you. Just make sure your throttle is wide open.

The advice previously given is also coirrect for learning how to takeoff. AH models physics, natural forces, torque, etc... for the Flight model.

Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Mk10 225th

Why don't i have "YAW"
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2001, 11:05:00 AM »
I may have missed the obvious, but there's no way I could take off without using rudder.

I usually give it a decent bit of right rudder to compensate for the plane pulling to the left, and everything seems to go pretty smooth.

I don't think I could take off without rudder.

Mk

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Why don't i have "YAW"
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2001, 12:34:00 PM »
  Red,
I agree with the "Auto take-off" philosophy... Learning to stay up is much easier.. Then learn to land. After that, you'll have a solid feel for the stick and how to use it. Then taking off should be second nature. WARNING some planes have a lot of counter-torque, I like to apply power sparingly - but it takes practice.. Oh, one other thing, set your flaps - they'll lower your take-off speed. Practice it off-line, then come to main. I'll help you in the practice arena if I'm on. Good Luck!

------------------
Assassin Rule!
<--We never leave our wingman!-->
mailto:jirland3@aol.com
mailto:jirland@att.net

"We're have'n some fun..."