Author Topic: The Dissappearing Building  (Read 255 times)

Offline snak

• Zinc Member
The Dissappearing Building
« on: February 21, 2005, 04:57:17 PM »
Not sure if this has been reported or not.

We tried to capture a town.  Double checked everything down.  Dropped troops and they did not capture.  Looked around everywhere, everything looks down, got more troops, same result: no capture.

Later, I come rolling up to a town that's being taken down.  I see this brown building and roll up to it and before I can fire, it dissappears.  Kinda like the trees that instantly pop into view when you get close - but in reverse.  The building dissappears when you get close.  Back up and it re-appears.  Shoot at it when you can see it and rounds go thru it even though it is displaying normal building versus a blown up building.  Dropping bombs on it kills it.  And shooting HE at the very base of the building (ground level) also kills it.

So, if you are having trouble taking a town, look for the invisible building ;)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 05:16:35 PM »
I need a screenshot of the offending building.  I reworked the town tile to fix the alignment issue which also caused some buildings to clip into the terrain.
Could be one more building there, but I just scoured the tile and cannot find it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline snak

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 06:23:01 PM »
I think I got one - have to look (also, where do pics get saved to?) maybe I gun cammed it - will check.

edit:

here is my gun cam (in cam - dead buildings look up but maybe you can get the location from this film)

http://www.onlinedesign.us/images/film1.ahf
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005, 07:09:56 PM by snak »

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Pics on the way Skuzzy
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 06:39:32 PM »
Happened to notice this same phenomenon this afternoon. I sent in 2 screen shots that I hope are useful. I'll try to get some more just in case.

Cheers,
hub
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 02:35:51 PM »
The problem should be gone now in Patch 4.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com