Author Topic: Dead again and don't know how  (Read 437 times)

Offline DizzyJoe

• Zinc Member
Dead again and don't know how
« on: May 29, 2001, 03:46:00 PM »
Yesterday I jumped into a tank and drove into a base under attack and wham, I was dead.  I figured it was a plane I didn't see.  I tried again and died.  Third time I died again.  All by the same guy (I think it was "Glue").  On the fourth time I just wanted to see where he was and how he was doing it.  Dying doesn't phase me.  Not learning how I died and how to avoid it is disheartening though.

I crept forward this time and blam, again I was dead.  Tried one last time and died once more.  It didn't occur to me at the time to just ask him where he was and how he was doing that.  After that I sat in the tower looking at the log and quickly saw that I wasn't the only object of Glue's affections.  He was kicking butt with 33 kills when I last saw it.  

Does anyone have any idea how he did this?  I'd like to learn how to counter a move that he has apparently perfected.

Thanks Much.

Offline DizzyJoe

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2001, 03:50:00 PM »
I should add that I didn't actually drive into the base.  Actually I was (I think) well outside of static airfield defense firing range.  I died waay before I ever reached the perimeter of the base.

Offline grizz

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2001, 04:28:00 PM »
Sounds to me like he was camped at the spawn point and just kept firing away everytime you spawned a new vehicle. Once you get the range, all it takes is one hit, usually, to kill the spawning vehicle. When this happens, just move to a new field...no chance to up when he is sitting there.

griz

Offline SpitLead

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2001, 05:41:00 PM »
I think Grizz is right.  Also, you should've recorded it.  That way you could look around to see where the shots were coming from and what was shooting at you.

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2001, 07:07:00 AM »
He could have been sitting there in a tank, or possibly something else.  Bases near the water have big defensive gun emplacements, so it's possible he was plinking you with big artillery shells from one of them.

One note... don't be afraid to ask!  You can talk privately to any pilot online by tuning a radio channel to their name.  ".radio 1 Lephturn" would tune channel 1 to me when I'm online.  So one thing to do would have been to tune Glue and ask him how he was killing you.  Now he may not answer, but chances are if he has time and you ask nicely, he'll let you know what's up.  

------------------
Sean "Lephturn" Conrad - Aces High Chief Trainer

A proud member of the mighty Flying Pigs
http://www.flyingpigs.com

Check out Lephturn's Aerodrome for AH articles and training info!

Sandman_SBM

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2001, 05:50:00 AM »
33 kills... sounds like a spawn point camper.