Author Topic: One more time. Please HT  (Read 1846 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
One more time. Please HT
« on: February 22, 2005, 08:47:30 AM »
Please HT, do something about the manned 5" guns.  I am tired of geting killed with a single shot from 4K out by the guy I just shot down.  It is way too easy.  Maybe, desable the prox fuses against fighters or under 3K alt?  We have to work for our kills, please make the work a litle more than point and click also.  Have them calculate distance.  

I understand that CVs need protection but this is being abused.  I am sure we will see a bunch of aces jump in here claiming it takes skill to do this.  My aswer is BS.  I got in a gun last night to see how hard it really is.  12 kills by just pointing at the furball.  I'd probably have 100 if it was not for the other RL future of being straifed by a 110

thank you
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
One more time. Please HT
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 08:54:42 AM »
Ded maybe you ticked off one of your ground crew and you are unknowingly carrying a very strong rare earth magnet thats pulling those rounds to you?

Cheese and wine served at noon. :) j/k

In all seriousness, I get pegged by carrier ack alot as well. Its just one of those things I have accepted is going to possible happen when I get to close to a carrier group. Sometimes I play the cards and attack and others I just politely bow out. Other folks have better odds than myself.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
One more time. Please HT
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 09:23:48 AM »
nah, if you get close enough to get killed by the ack or if the random puff gets you, I am ok with.  I am talking about maned ack.  The guy I just killed or a friend of the guy I am on his 6, picks me off from 4K out from a 5" gun.  Thats BS.  If it is a prox fuse HT wants to use then damage either or both the bad guy and the good guy.

I think getting rid of the proxy fuse and having the dweebs calculate distance (extremly hard to look at the icons :rolleyes:) will take care of this.

EDIT
Not talking about 1 time here.  The way it is now (every nite) you cannot attack buffs because of their phasers and photon torbedoes, you cannot fight around a CV cause if you are lucky enough to survive or find a fight some dweeb picks you off from a 5" gun, and you cannot fight around a field cause as soon as the strat guys realize there is a fight going on, they drop the hangers.

:lol :lol  can you tell I woke up on the wrong side this morning?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 09:27:28 AM by dedalos »

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
One more time. Please HT
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 09:34:51 AM »
Yeah, go get some coffee or something to eat. You may feel better.

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
One more time. Please HT
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 10:54:08 AM »
Yeah, can we get the  5" at the airfields made mannable ?
  That would help slow down the Hordes.:aok

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
One more time. Please HT
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 11:39:50 AM »
Enterprise
CV 6 - CVA 6 - CVS 6

DANFS History

Overhauled July - October 1943 at Bremerton Navy Yard; modifications included blisters added (95.5 ft beam), displacement raised to 32,060 tons full load, guns changed to 8 5/38 DP, 6 quad 40 mm AA, 8 twin 40 mm AA, 50 single 20 mm AA.  

It would appear that the carriers are WAY undergunned for killing dweebs who want to furball 4K from an enemy carrier.  Kind of like upping from a capped base. You should expect to get killed.  Or you could just kill the carrier.

Oh and HT, could you be a good chap and put lots more anti-aircraft on the fields and make it harder to kill. Its way to easy for a fighter to give it one quick squirt and you can't just up another one. :D

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
One more time. Please HT
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 11:56:56 AM »
flying 4k from a carrier you deserve to get shot down.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
One more time. Please HT
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 12:23:21 PM »
lol, you'd rather have me sink the CV than get in a plane and have fun?  You got yourself a deal.  No more fighters for me.  Can you say diving LANCs?  Strafing the CV with 110s?  Now that I think about it, I sould create my own squad and called - what else - Dweebs High.  Anyone iterested let me know.  Here is our mission.

1) Dive bomb buffs on CVs
2) Strafe CVs with 110s
3) Kill troops and ord atlist 4 sectors deep
4) Take F4U-C, TYFF, TEMP, NIKs and go on vulch missions
What ever you do, do not engage.  Idealy, when you see a fighter in the sector, run and auger atlist 2K away so he does not even get the proxy.
5)Take CV 2K-3K away from enemy base and get as many kills as possible using the 5" guns (after all, they deserv it for flying within 4K of the CV).  If CV gets sank, receive you WTFGs and move on to the next mission.
6) Most important, do not allow fun.  If there is anykind of fighting anywhere, take down the FHs.  Be carefull not to engage anyone in the process.  Auger out side the 2K range and repeat until all FHs are dead.
7) Take a goon at 30K and drop 1 troop above enemy bases.  They will be flashing for ever
8) I do understand that you may get cought unprepared and come withing 2K of an enemy fighter.  Use the advanced HO manuvering.  If you can't run or HO, then ram them.

I guess I have been doing it the wrong way.  This actualy sounds like fun.  Who is with me

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
One more time. Please HT
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2005, 12:35:28 PM »
hahahahaha

Read Deds last post while watching sesame street here at work. Burt woke up in the middle of the night and starts singing and playing his horn.

Doing both at the same time really made things funny.

"Got my rubber ducky and I'm gonna strafe the CV"

some things just aint right.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
One more time. Please HT
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2005, 01:27:24 PM »
Don't get so gready and fly so close the CV ack.

HiTech

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
One more time. Please HT
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2005, 01:28:29 PM »
Originally posted by Wolf14
hahahahaha

Read Deds last post while watching sesame street here at work. Burt woke up in the middle of the night and starts singing and playing his horn.

Doing both at the same time really made things funny.

"Got my rubber ducky and I'm gonna strafe the CV"

some things just aint right.

Shhhh, someone could take me serious.

Wait a minute :mad: .  Sesame street at work???? :confused: What do you do and where do I send the resume?

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
One more time. Please HT
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2005, 01:49:47 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Don't get so gready and fly so close the CV ack.

HiTech

Will do.  But you cannot see the CV from 4K out when 200ft of the deck and in a fight.  Its not greed that got me that close.  It was the fight or the search for one (imagine that).  What should I do when the CV is closer than 4K to the base?  The other interesting thing is that while I cannot see the CV, the CV gunner can see me, aim, take a single shot and I am in the tower.  Oh would you look at that, its the guy I just shot down.

If you don't see anything wrong with the behavior thats fine.  Its your game.  If you don't want people flying, I am with you.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
One more time. Please HT
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2005, 02:04:21 PM »
If you can't see the cv, how do you know your 4k out.

2nd I call bs on being able to do 1 shot 4k kills.

HiTech

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
One more time. Please HT
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2005, 02:24:07 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
If you can't see the cv, how do you know your 4k out.

2nd I call bs on being able to do 1 shot 4k kills.

HiTech

Because thats what I was doing last night.  I killed AKAK from beyond icon range.  I got 12 kills by firing into the fight 4K to 5K out.

And yes it may not be a single shot but 3 or 5 that were not close enough to triger the proxy fuse.  Does that make it better?

You don't have to agree with me, but don't treat me like a 12 year old.  I am reporting what I have seen.  If this is how you like your game fine.  I don;t have to like all aspects of it but I can ask for change.

I can film some 4k and beyond kills for you but I think you have made your point about how you want things to be.  I just don;t have to like it

:aok  

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
One more time. Please HT
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2005, 02:44:07 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Will do.  But you cannot see the CV from 4K out when 200ft of the deck and in a fight.  Its not greed that got me that close.  It was the fight or the search for one (imagine that).  What should I do when the CV is closer than 4K to the base?  The other interesting thing is that while I cannot see the CV, the CV gunner can see me, aim, take a single shot and I am in the tower.  Oh would you look at that, its the guy I just shot down.

If you don't see anything wrong with the behavior thats fine.  Its your game.  If you don't want people flying, I am with you.

Dang, one shot kills at 4k on a tiny little fighter moving at hundreds of miles an hour! I HAVE GOT TO GET SOME TRAINING!:eek:

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs