Author Topic: Jabo  (Read 517 times)

bahlooo

Jabo
« on: March 14, 2001, 11:49:00 PM »
Alright, I'm pitiful at this. I read somewhere that the load has to be dropped with the target in the crosshairs and no pressure being applied to the stick.

Does this only work in a vertical dive, or can it be done in the same way from a 45 degree angle?

Also, what are good altitudes to do it from? I usually fly a P38, and it likes to compress in a longer dive...

I'd be grateful for some pointers.

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
Jabo
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2001, 11:54:00 PM »
First off I suck at JABO...but love to practice it.

I find best results from the vertical approach although if you do a 45 degree drop you need to aim PAST the target in order to score a hit.  

Basically practice, practice, practice and when online try and find a good pilot and follow his moves.

bahlooo

Jabo
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2001, 12:05:00 AM »
Yes, practice practice practice  

My trial subscription ran out with me not really learning how to fly well, but I got hooked. Now I at least want to learn some basic things before...

Usually my Jabo efforts end with a bomb crator on the other side of the airfield, or a nice hole in the ground caused by a compressed forkdevil.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Jabo
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2001, 12:58:00 AM »
Practise off line.

Go to set up/arena settings, and set "protect object = 0"; then you can blow up your own hangers, and torp your own CV's with out worrying about ack.

You could also customise your gun site, and add a second, higher pipper for rockets and bombs

[This message has been edited by Seeker (edited 03-15-2001).]

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
Jabo
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2001, 01:21:00 AM »
I jabo with the F4u-1d.  I dive steep and place the targe between my pipper and then end of my planes nose.  Hold steady and release.  Works fairly well for me. Just takes some practice to see where to put it for what kinda angle.  If you can at least get ballpark fine tuning your approach is fairly easy  

S!
Rocket

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
Jabo
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2001, 06:10:00 AM »
Use the following setup:

Initial altitude approx. 12.000 ft
Dive angle approx 70° (i can't go in in a vertical dive)
Throttle IDLE (you'll get fast enough anyways)

1) make sure the target is under the CENTER of your crosshair and your wings are level

2) move the lower edge of the crosshair to the upper edge of the target

3) release at about 3.000 Feet

Pull up and look back and look where you hit, if you went short, wait with the release untill the target disappears under the nose.

Hope that helps
DW6

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Jabo
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2001, 08:47:00 AM »
Also, make SURE your rudders are centered. using rudders will make ya slip and miss.

As steep a dive as possible is the best, or a 45 degree dive with kirin's sight.

Take a 190F8 when ya practise; it has 5 eggs, so no need to rearm so often. Also a very good and stable jabo plane.

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

"Live to pull, pull to live"

[This message has been edited by StSanta (edited 03-15-2001).]

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Jabo
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2001, 11:44:00 AM »
Quir tryin to recruit new pilots to your wierd LW cult santa. We opportunists won't stand for it.    

"here try this LW plane... no it's ok the first ones on us, no of course you can quit and go fly other planes later"

uh huh....  right..... got my eye on you....

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Jabo
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2001, 12:47:00 PM »
  I have a lot of success using the FW190 sight downloadable fromt the hitechcreations site. Using about a 45 degree dive, throttle idle, use the top of the "T" at the lower part of the site, release with no stick inputs... If you're a P38er, don't forget to deploy your dive-flaps! Hope this helps... Remember, eggs have an area of effect - just gett'em close and it takes almost 3K in eggs to kill hangars... Practice on ACKs/Fuel/Ammo etc.. if you want to see how close you can get.

<S>

------------------
Assassin Rule!
<--We never leave our wingman!-->
mailto:jirland3@aol.com
mailto:jirland@att.net

"We're have'n some fun..."