Author Topic: Sub tile setter and snow not showing up  (Read 742 times)

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Sub tile setter and snow not showing up
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2005, 05:31:10 AM »
Originally posted by zmeg
I've found where the problem is, it has nothing to do with snow or altitude. The top 4 boxes wil use the type from the 5th box no matter what type you set in them. It just seemed to be a snow problem because that's where snow usually is.
Thank you! :)
Bug found! :D
I'll correct it today and post an update on ah-terrains.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2005, 06:31:28 AM »
Update posted in the downloads section of AH-Terrains.

We're now at Version 1.11.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2005, 07:20:43 AM »
Cool - Glad you found it...

I was getting about ready to crack beacuse I couldn't figure out wth was causing the elevation discrepencies... lol :)

Now I got a challenge for ya...

See if you can figure out a way to rotate (in 90 degree increments) the subtiles :) I'll give ya $5 if you could do that.....

Had a neat idea about some terraced farms...lol

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2005, 08:54:01 AM »
LOL, no can do. There's no control file for that. :)

But, one of your posts on photorealistic tiles threw me for a loop. So, I'm working on that (again).

Photorealistic works very well for AH2 just as it did in AH1. But, there are strict tile placement rules and finding the proper scale for the tile is the hardest thing to achieve. If I could find my old AH1 maps (computer crash many moons ago), I'd give a good example. One thing lacking in AH is the "feeling" of flying the terrain and being dwarfed by mountains. While AH2 has improved on this, it's still partially due to everything being the drab green. A 30 or 40ft plane is miniscule compared to mountains. Fly through the grand canyon or the rocky mountains sometime, you'll know what I mean then. :)

I'm nowhere near as good as Nuttz with tiles, but I can get by. I just wish I could team up with him. Like me, he thinks outside of the box most of the time.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2005, 08:59:52 PM »
Nuttz -

It's just that photo-realistic stuff looks odd in a world where everything is "drawn" - At least to me it does. If that makes sense.

Theres 2 examples in game, that I can think of off hand. One is the texture to the new .45, and the other are scans from a Cockpit photo book which are in the B24 cockpit - I think its the autopilot panel, as well as the trim wheel, and some center console stuff.

The photo stuff has that "flat" look like theres a haze over it. And the colors don't match with the surroundings. No matter how fiddling with colors, ect...it will never seem to fit in....

Again - this is just me.

I usually use photos as a guide and paint or draw over them..or use several layers of them with differnt opacity, properties, ect... as well as painting.I guess its all preference.

BTW - have you had any luck getting objects placed on a terrain tile?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 09:19:01 PM by Waffle »