Author Topic: Question to Finns  (Read 25613 times)

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #900 on: March 30, 2005, 02:33:40 PM »
Originally posted by Zakhal
Equality as in equally opressed? :D

post number one

welcome to the party :)

Offline Raven_2

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #901 on: March 30, 2005, 03:45:39 PM »
to MiloMorai

You xenophobic brainwashed idiot that have a lot of stereotypes and propaganda inside his head.

Your words about Russia... Well, all we know that USAers are baby-eaters and practise cabalistic ritual - all of them with no exceptions. And, no, I don`t give your links to sources - even then you wouldn`t belive in the truth.

Still didn`t realise how stupid your posts are?

Don`t strain yourself with the answers - I would ignore your posts.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #902 on: March 30, 2005, 03:51:08 PM »
Originally posted by Krusher
post number one

welcome to the party :)

I think that should be

"Welcome to the party Comrade ;)"
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Raven_2

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #903 on: March 30, 2005, 03:51:18 PM »
to Krusher

Twelve million American families--more than 10 percent of all U.S. households--"continue to struggle, and not always successfully, to feed themselves." Families that "had members who actually went hungry at some point last year" numbered 3.9 million (NYT, Nov. 22, 2004)

More then 10% of households. In 2004, when your ecconomic is booming. And how many of them during crisises? 20%? 30%? 50%?

Lack of health insurance coverage causes 18,000 unnecessary American deaths a year. (That's six times the number of people killed on 9/11.) (NYT, Jan. 12, 2005.)

The United States is 41st in the world in infant mortality. Cuba scores higher (NYT, Jan. 12, 2005).

Did I mention that health care in USSR was free?

The United States has lost 1.3 million jobs to China in the last decade (CNN, Jan. 12, 2005).

U.S. employers eliminated 1 million jobs in 2004 (The Week, Jan. 14, 2005).

Three million six hundred thousand Americans ran out of unemployment insurance last year; 1.8 million--one in five--unemployed workers are jobless for more than six months (NYT, Jan. 9, 2005).

Did I mention that unemployment was ~0% at USSR?

http://www.citypages.com/databank/26/1264/article12985.asp

Offline Raven_2

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #904 on: March 30, 2005, 04:02:10 PM »
to Sciaf

>>By conservative estimate there are about 100,000 homeless in Moscow.

100.000/9.000.000=1.1% of homeless people in Moscow. For now. And Moscow is one of the expensive to live cities on the world. Sure, at USSR times *were* homeless - few hundreds, maybe thousand on 7.000.000 of Moscow people (~0.01%). Mostly criminals, junkies or alcoholics. And, yes, they were transported before olympic games - to area near Moscow - and then back.

Sciaf, there were no unemployment and everyone, who had work, had also flat, food and so on - because of strong labour unions and government politics. And homeless were that 0.0001% (in whole country scale) that "chose" to not work (junky, alcoholics).

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #905 on: March 30, 2005, 04:02:40 PM »
For those interested in understanding what really happened to KAL 007, I suggest this article. It's a bit long, but it is the most accurate I have read to date. I say that after having talked to RC-135 personnel with extensive knowledge of the incident and after getting the "other side"... what happened and how to keep it from happening again.. from the Air Line Pilots Association, company and ICAO briefings.

A REPORTER AT LARGE: CLOSING THE FILE ON FLIGHT 007 BY MURRAY SAYLE  

Sayle obviously did a lot of research. His explanation of the failure to recouple the INS to the autopilot after the mandatory coast-out nav accuracy check is one of the few places I've seen that key element mentioned. There's few guys flying the trans-ocean routes that haven't made that mistake once in their careers.

I do not suggest it for our Stalinist readers. The truth will only upset you and force you to dig up even more imbecilic explantions for why the Soviets had to shoot down another airliner that was no threat to them and was in fact, either OUT OF or VERY NEARLY OUT OF their airspace at the time it was shot down.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #906 on: March 30, 2005, 04:10:11 PM »
Originally posted by Raven_2
[/b]

Obviously, you get what you pay for.

Infant Mortality and Life Expectancy for Selected Countries, 2004

Country  Infant mortality/1000 Live Births   Life Expectancy Years

Russia                 17.0                                                        66.4
United States       6.6                                                        77.4

Offline Raven_2

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #907 on: March 30, 2005, 04:20:35 PM »
to Toad

>>I do not suggest it for our Stalinist readers.

Sure. We have our own.

Russian investigaton of KAL 007 incedent by Izvestia: http://avia.russian.ee/air/747/kale_1.html

BTW, there is a claim of "near border" in article you did - but no evidencies. Like always with you, guys... For american there is no need in prove some fact before belive in it, yes?

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #908 on: March 30, 2005, 04:31:44 PM »

Tell me Raven, do your hospitals use disposable suringes yet or do they still use and sharpen the old metallic ones? :D

I know a western woman who got into a car accident in Moscow. She almost died to the completely inept treatment untill her family finally found where she was and transported her away with a medical airlift. She then went on with 10 surgeries which effectively saved her life.

Poor woman was hit by a car, she had multiple broken bones and a blown out eyeball. The only treatment she got was physiotherapy (with broken bones, gee.)

She'd be better off lying on the street.

Offline Raven_2

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #909 on: March 30, 2005, 04:33:23 PM »
to Toad

>>Country Infant mortality/1000 Live Births Life Expectancy Years

Toad, I speak about USSR, not Russia. In last 20 years health care rate drop significantly. Capitalism...

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #910 on: March 30, 2005, 04:40:59 PM »
Ksenofontova contributes a very interesting chapter on infant mortality, mainly concentrating on correcting the registration data and looking at the differences between republics and over time. Her estimates of USSR infant mortality according to the WHO definition in the 1980s are close to those of Anderson & Silver. A striking feature of her results is the extent of rural under-registration. For example, in 1970 in Ukraine the registered rural infant mortality rate was below the urban one, but the corrected one above it. The highest corrected level of rural infant mortality in 1970 was in Kirgizia, where it was 84.3 per thousand. At the end of her chapter she suggests that `increases in infant mortality because of the worsening economic, political and ecological situations in the country and in specific regions with high infant mortality may make medical institutions conceal the under-registration caused by the inadequacy of the registration system'. If this were to be the case, the registration data would understate

84.3 deaths / 1000 births in 70's.. Sounds like quality treatment. USSR quality.

Offline mora

• Gold Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #911 on: March 30, 2005, 04:41:20 PM »
Originally posted by Raven_2
Capitalism...

If Russians are unable to take responsibility of themselves you should really go back to the good old times.

Offline Raven_2

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #912 on: March 30, 2005, 04:42:56 PM »
to Sciaf

>>Tell me Raven, do your hospitals use disposable suringes yet or do they still use and sharpen the old metallic ones?

Disposable syringes used since 1985 in most of the hospitals. Last time I see one in 1990. It was a big one, for clister purposes :-)

>>Poor woman was hit by a car, she had multiple broken bones and a blown out eyeball. The only treatment she got was physiotherapy (with broken bones, gee.)

My father got his neck close to broke in the car crash. Was back to feets at 4 months. Don`t know how health care system now work in Moscow (but I think that most of the services are paid). BTW, how her family transport her to Europe with traumas? Or surgeries were done in Russia?

Offline Raven_2

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #913 on: March 30, 2005, 04:48:15 PM »
to Sciaf

>>84.3 deaths / 1000 births in 70's.. Sounds like quality treatment. USSR quality.

Sure, World Health Organization lied to whole world and some (USA?) journalist tell the truth - as always... Paranoia it`s a bad thing, Sciaf.

Offline Raven_2

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Question to Finns
« Reply #914 on: March 30, 2005, 04:58:15 PM »
to mora

>>If Russians are unable to take responsibility of themselves you should really go back to the good old times.

Hah. If that were possible with our government system now... Russians are able to take resposibility for their actions. People dies in whole world from bad health care system. It`s usual for any country with paid medical services, 18.000 in USA last year.  You don`t have enough money - you die from illness/traumas/ets. It`s a capitalist way. Now we goes on it. I have a good enough future and find my way in any cases. And some of my compatriots not. A sad thing, but it`s how capitalism working. Poorness exist with any level of average salary and poorness with paid medical services means death. USSR works on another principles.