Author Topic: GV visibility  (Read 359 times)

Offline jdpete75

• Copper Member
GV visibility
« on: March 03, 2005, 04:40:18 AM »
Basically my problem is that I cant see Ground vehicles until I am right on top of them.  Some folks can see them from 10k but I cant see the black flea speck until I am about 2k.  It makes it darn hard to accurately drop bombs on thier heads.  any suggestions on what I can do to improve this?

Offline Speznaz

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.ticinoslot.com
GV visibility
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 05:41:33 AM »
Zoom ?

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
GV visibility
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 08:10:45 AM »
Im at work but I think the path from the tower is esc/setup/graphics then in there look for the sliders that say "More performance "(slider bar goes left to the right

More performance gives you better frame rate, slide them to the left and you get better vis at distance. So, you may be 3K above the GV's and see them easily.

There is a trade off. You give up FR to see them better. That's why you get sliders to "fine tune" how much yer willing to give up for vis/FR. Or, you buy a high end video card and get the best of both worlds.

Offline Engine

• Silver Member
GV visibility
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 08:59:59 AM »
or hit shift-f4 for ground view mode

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
GV visibility
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 10:39:09 AM »
Ground view mode isnt going to help him see the "little black flea specks" from 10k.  At 10k it will probably drop his frame rates in the toilet and kill his view of the horizon, but not help him see a blessed thing on the ground.  Ground vis mode is for when you are down on the deck and dont need to see the horizons or the tops of the mountains, but you DO need to see the panzer coming through the trees 2-3k away.

Offline jdpete75

• Copper Member
GV visibility
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 02:27:02 AM »
THanks for the help.  I moved my sliders a bit to the left and started using ground vis when I need it (switching back to medium vis) and it worked wonders.