Author Topic: Roads and my Main Arena map.  (Read 538 times)

Offline FalconSS

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Roads and my Main Arena map.
« on: March 07, 2005, 10:41:15 AM »
I'm building a map for MA I'm at the point of adding roads, here's my problem the roads will not connect to factorys, in the terrain editor they look connected but when I build there's a void, the road just stops at the  edge of tile any ideas what might cause this. I've made maps for h2h w/roads and have never had this trouble.
Marty McFly

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 04:20:36 PM »
There can be "voids" in the roads where the road crosses a terrain tile edge or if the same type of road crosses each other.

If you are talking about the road's termination or Last Point, they are different for each type of track.  Train Tracks stop in keypad 9 of the tile, Roads in keypad 7, and Rivers in keypad 1.  So for factories using Train Tracks, the tracks would have to come from the south or west to pass close to a factory that is sitting on keypad 5.  Tracks will place a "station" object at the end of the Train Tracks and Roads – and possibly Rivers too.  Are these objects visible?

If you are talking about the road's not crossing into the factory's tile try setting the factory's terrain sub-tiles to zeros (0s) and see if that changes anything.
Is the factory placed on the edge of the terrain tile, above the terrain elevation, or on top of the tracks?

Offline FalconSS

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 05:55:44 AM »
Still no luck, any voids in the road cause the the convoy to do nothing but sit there, what I've done is place the factorys first now I'm connecting them to airfields w/roads, but the roads will not make the connection to the factory, this is really silly because I've made small maps for h2h w/factorys roads and convoys and they work just fine.
Marty McFly

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 07:25:04 AM »
That started happening 2 updates ago along with the factory guns not firing, they fixed the guns I'm sure they'll fix the roads on the next patch, so just assume they're there.

Offline FalconSS

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 09:34:35 AM »
Thanks Z.
Marty McFly

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 02:11:39 AM »