Author Topic: Can't get going  (Read 417 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Can't get going
« on: February 08, 2000, 11:00:00 PM »
I finally got the program to load. Thanks to those of you that posted how to setr video for the Voodoo.

Here is my new problem. I get into the plane start up, throttle up...... and nuthin happens. I can't move! the plane refuses to taxi forward or fly. I am glued to the start spot. I looked at the key maps and hints and I am at full throttle but no go. What do I do now???

I do not have rudder peadals  at this point. Conflict between joystick and pedals,. so pedals aren't connected. Joystick is calibrated and the keys seem to work fine. Just no movement in the plane. As a "real" pilot with my own plane this is VERY frustrating to me. I know push gas, plane goes. Stick back, houses get smaller, sick forward, houses get bigger! No matter what I push or pull this plane won't go!

------------------
No Mercy Asked, None Given, Just pass the ammo
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline OZkansas

• Nickel Member
Can't get going
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2000, 12:46:00 AM »
What stick are you usin?
Have you calibrated in windoze and Ah?
Does the engine rev up when ya increase the throttle?  All planes act this way? Can ya explain what ya do when you are on the runway, what keys you use to start etc.?

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Can't get going
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2000, 02:52:00 PM »
Hi there.

I have a thrustmaster top gun platinum joystick and it is calibrated both in winblows and in AH. I do use the "e" key to start up and get full throttle using the + key. The manifold pressure and tachometer indicate full throttle. I have experimented with the brakes but have been unable to see if there is a parking brake / release. I used just about EVERY key on the board as well as printing out the key codes on my printer. Most frustrating.    

Anyone have a special way to hold my tongue to get the plane to taxi off??    

------------------
No Mercy Asked, None Given, Just pass the ammo

[This message has been edited by Maverick (edited 02-09-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Maverick (edited 02-09-2000).]
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
Can't get going
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2000, 04:31:00 PM »
Mav
  Just grabbin at straws here but can you post your MAN and RPM settings?  Which + key are you using?  The one on the numpad only adjust RPM which isn't enough to get the plane rolling. You need to be able to bring Man up also which I believe should be the + on the keyboard.  Also which planes have you tried.  Hopefully we can get ya in the air  

Rocket

------------------
The Red Dragons
Fierce and Bold
With Honour and Courage

Offline Sharky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.31stfightergroup.com
Can't get going
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2000, 04:21:00 PM »
Maverick,

If your using a TM Topgun with the throttle wheel on the side, and it is listed in your controlers in Control panel as a TM Topgun vice a three axis 4 botton Joystick, then you'll probably have to use the throttle wheel instead of the keyboard for throttle.

Sharky

------------------
You can run, but you just die tired.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Can't get going
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2000, 10:14:00 AM »
Hi there,

I got it up!    
I am now flying minus my rudder pedals and using the keyboard. I did reinstall the joystick and that seemed to clear up the crossed controls. Now I have to send it in to TM as it won't work with TM rudder pedals. Sigh, I help off buying a TM stick for years as my CH stick worked great for over 5 years of heavy use.

Here is my next question. Are there "drones" to practice gunnery and ACM in the off line mode? I did visit an enemy airfield and those rude misceants started shooting at me!    

I did not see any airborn targets to practice with. I know from my time in AW and WB that practice offline is a good thing as there is no respect for newbies online.  

How do I get the drones going? Thanks in advance.

Mav

[This message has been edited by Maverick (edited 02-11-2000).]
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
Author Unknown