Author Topic: PC High temps?  (Read 1059 times)

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
PC High temps?
« on: February 28, 2005, 08:12:11 PM »
After I got my USB CH pro thorttle 've had this recurring problem and it just recently started, I BSOD and get USB Port.sys irlq something.

At first it was only when I played PF but now it has gotten progressively worse.

Back when I built this PC the most my temp got was around is 47 C and now it reaches around 49 and 50 C while playing any game,and it crashes .

I cleaned pc Heat sink and fan with a pressure canister and the odd thing the temp got worse for a while ,and ussually when I was Idle it got as low as 41 C, now idle is around 43 and 45 C, so what can be done or what could it be it doesn't matter if whether I have plugged the throttle in or not, it just keeps doing it. So what could it be?

Epox 8rda+
2400 XP Termal Take  heatsink fan(Usedto go as high as 5k rpm now it tops out at 4.9k rpm)
Open case
512mb kingston  PC2700
Radeon 9500 Pro
PSU Antec true Blue 480W

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
PC High temps?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 09:35:57 PM »
May have fixed the problem after reading some older threads I just raised the voltage on my Vcore from 1.6 to 1.65 and wallah no more BSOD, yet my CPU runs much hotter about 52 C but stays stable at said temp. So, so far so good!

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
PC High temps?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 10:34:24 PM »
Glasses......53 a good temp while playing AH.....should have no problems there.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
PC High temps?
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 10:52:10 PM »
you should be 41-46c with that setup ..or cooler .

do you have a side case fan ?? and is it blowing inward to help out the cpu fan ?

my 2500+ m barton is at 41c -45c when the fan gets dusty  and its oced up to 2.4 ghz , im running a thermaltake heatsink w/ artic silver ,i run a side case and front case fan .. along with having 2 fans in my powersupply .. avg room temp is 68-72 deg F .

52c at idle will probely jump to 56c while gamming hard  .(4-5c increase is avg ive found)

i think you may need to reset your heatsink with just a drop of thermal compound on it (you may have too much )
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
PC High temps?
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 11:57:44 PM »
Well I did put some thermal grease  Silver Artic  back when I built it  around 2 years ago, a pea size drop did I spread evenly with a credit card.

So I dunno should I re apply it and clean it again?

I dunno but now when my A/c is off it idles at around 46-47, before I cleaned the heat sink fan today it used to idle around 43C.

The higher idle speed is after I cleaned it,  didn't even take it out ,when I raised the vcore voltage it remained the same at idle(46-47C)  but it's stable at the  higher voltages. Also I set my Vdimm voltage to automatic. and my AGP voltage is at 1.5.

I actually had to set up the voltage lower than it said since it was actually going up to 1.7 so I lowered it to 1.625 and now it's around 1.64-1.80v.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 12:01:37 AM by Glasses »

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
PC High temps?
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 12:05:58 AM »
Might be my room temp I'm in PR so it's around 88F  so it might not help with the cooling even if I have a turbo prop blowing :D

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
PC High temps?
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2005, 12:20:37 AM »
i'll look on the mrs Roo's pc later and see what the voltages are at .(she has a 2400+clocked at the stock 2.0 ghz settings) you should be able to get back to the 43-46c area even at 88 deg F room temp  (it might run alittle more but shouldnt be over 50c when ilding. )

ive had some amd cpu's stall out /stutter at 54c not the 2400+ though .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
PC High temps?
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 12:55:24 AM »
ok i gave it a quick look

this on her amd 2400+  2.0ghz
core voltage 1.664

12.0 x 166

45-46c is idle temp it probely needs a good cleaning
Roscoroo ,

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
PC High temps?
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2005, 01:32:30 AM »
aye that's my setting right now.

though am idling at 47C

That's with the case open I might add.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
PC High temps?
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2005, 05:00:21 PM »
Glasses....that 88 degreee temp in room does not help.

We use copper plates and such to cool Blast Furnaces that are water fed.  The lower the water temp the more effective the cooling....in conjunction with gals/min flow.

In short...what I'm saying is the lower the ambient temp....the better the cooling.......try airconditioning your house with 71F air to a setting of 70.....will take for ever.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
PC High temps?
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2005, 05:19:46 PM »
yeah well I think I fixed it now it's not crashing even at 52C so hey am good for now at least.

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
PC High temps?
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2005, 12:42:01 PM »
I've got so many fans running - I jury rigged fans where there were no fans. Result, the MB runs at 21*c and the CPU at 40*c when in full motion.

Before that, cooling was so ****ty it would freeze after 10-15 minutes of doing anything but typing in MS word.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$