Author Topic: More Silent Hunter III Eye Candy  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
More Silent Hunter III Eye Candy
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2005, 11:13:19 AM »
Originally posted by gofaster
I haven't played this one because it isn't out yet. :p

I got as far as the training in the SH2 series.  I decided I liked my sub sims simple to learn and simple to play. I save my higher brain cells for AH2.

Exactly it isn't out yet so how can you compare it to the orginal and say one is better then the other???

If you like your sims dumbed down I'm sure you can crank all the sliders all the way down to console mode.

As for AH2 requiring any great amounts of thought to play that's just hilarious.

...-Gixer

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2005, 11:24:07 AM »
Originally posted by Gixer
I can't remember the last time I counted down the day's till a release but this one has had me marking off the calander for almost a year now. And finally into the final few weeks! Can't wait should be a great release and imho possible the best sub sim if not the best sim overall ever.

...-Gixer

It releases Wednesday. Paid all bills, even shopped and stuffed the freezer fulla steaks, restocked the beer frig, put wine in the common frig so they don't get 32 1/2 degrees in the beer climate computer room small frig.

Bring it on. AH2 has been a blast these last 2 weeks, but this is where I'll be at.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2005, 11:30:48 AM »
I didn't say I liked the original one better, I just said I liked the original one.  I can't compare to SH3 because SH3 isn't out yet!

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2005, 11:33:23 AM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf
It would be cool if they could create a multiplayer code that would enable several games to work in one world.

Then others could play a sub game, others destroyers, third merchant ship simulation, fourth fly aeroplanes etc.

Each game would have individual modelling and engine but similar net code.

They might release a Destroyer Command addition, like they did in SH2. But I havnt read anything about it.

DC was fun multiplayer, A 4 on 4 was always fun when it worked.

I was a Type Vii with 1 other Sub Commander trying to sneak in some harbor in Norway or Sweden. I entered the harbor in very shallow water, I went to Silent Run, and turned and placed to bow towards the entrance, a few minutes later I started hearing my first contacts.

Here came the enemy, An English Destroyer, the first entered the harbor fast, And I fired a two shot spread, I dropped my scope and waited. Missed!

I put the scope back up low, just above the water, The Destroyer was turning right towards me. I put the boat in reverse, And prepared to fire again, He was closing extremly fast, At 800 Yards I fired my other two eels. WHAM! His burning hull slid past my boat at less than 20 yards.

Great Game.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2005, 12:19:59 PM »
Originally posted by Creamo
Bring it on. AH2 has been a blast these last 2 weeks, but this is where I'll be at.
CreamPuff - I'll look forward to seeing you in there then. My handle will be my old WB handle of scrmbl. Release date here is March 16, so you'll have head start on me.

Speaking of heads, I met a guy at the Eurocon in Holland last weekend, and he had a head like yours - completely shiny. He was even more drunk than I was, and didn't object when I did the Benny Hill headslap routine on his head. LOL

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2005, 12:34:39 PM »
If only AH had subs :D

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2005, 01:19:51 PM »
creamo, where is it being released on wed? ebworld is usually spot on and they still show 3/15

patiently waiting on this one too. mvp2005/gt4/dw are all keeping me busy until then :)
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2005, 01:39:12 PM »
I was bitten by the UBI bug on the last one where they had to add a 3rd party programmer just to get the multiplayer netcode to work...

If you want a rehash subsim.com has some forums on that..

Looks great..  its potential is there but it seems UBI doesn't support their games very well..  Lock- on (third party matching service wtf...)  + SHII being 2 that come to mind...

you fellas crashtest dummy it for us would ya...

DoctorYo

The manual TDC looks pretty good.. crewmembers etc... looks like a neat game if it works.. (SHII Destroyer Command fiasco.)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2005, 01:46:57 PM »
Droool.

I love sub sims.

Will it be downloadable?
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2005, 01:50:59 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
Droool.

I love sub sims.

Will it be downloadable?
with graphics like that?

Doom3 was 3 CDROM's, i'd expect this to be at least 4-5 CD's

what's that 2.9GB+?
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2005, 01:51:03 PM »
Electronic Boutique moose, unless I gave my $ to my friend Eric last night as he mentioned that date and he is investing it somehow in junk bonds or something.

Beetle, you can find me playing Rooks on Sun-Mon-Tues nights as CK2112 with the Fat Drunk Bastards. You're too weird to game with in a wolf pack or any game that is kinda personal. No offense.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2005, 02:02:06 PM »
lol Creamo....you sure don't "mince words".

JB73...yea, but I have DSL, shouldn't take more than a day or two.  ;)  (Good point...I'll have to order it)
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2005, 03:15:00 PM »
O'Club Virtual Flotilla?

I'm game.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2005, 04:13:27 PM »
oh yeah, im def. down for that!
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Darkish

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2005, 08:40:12 PM »
What....   So you guys like this or something?  With Gixer on this one, am counting down the days.

BTW... thnx much for brining this sim to my attention all, though am more than happy to keep paying HTC's fee for the best game ever made.