Author Topic: Dealing with Pottymouth...  (Read 2365 times)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Dealing with Pottymouth...
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2005, 12:49:32 AM »
Originally posted by SCDR
Trust me we are actually on same sheet of music here.
I take responsibility for my actions. IF, when my daughters were younger, I made mistake of not closing door, putting on headset, or turning down volume, then it was MY fault they heard any bad words. I then had to explain why those words were not right to use. Even thou they had heard it coming from Dad's computer.
I am not, repeat, NOT condoning the use of foul language.
People do not want to take responsibilty for their actions, they seem to want others to do that for them, and that is what it seems like here. Sorry, but if you made mistake of letting your kids into the room and you KNOW there might be a chance of them hearing or reading foul language then it is YOUR fault as well as the one cussing.
I just think HT & Co are working on bigger and better things for AH, and yes someday they might/will put in a range vox squelch command/button, along with a perm squelch list.

SCDR

Actually, its all of our faults for not filming the worst offenders and sending it on in.  There's a few jerks who rant and rave on range at the top of their lungs with "F" thrown in there every other third word because they didn't get a six call.  I have absolutely no idea how some are still allowed to fly here.  

Send in the films, hopefully HT will cut them loose.  I'd rather lose their company then the nice guys with families, any day.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2005, 11:15:54 AM »
I take responsibility for my actions. IF, when my daughters were younger, I made mistake of not closing door, putting on headset, or turning down volume, then it was MY fault they heard any bad words. I then had to explain why those words were not right to use. Even thou they had heard it coming from Dad's computer.
People do not want to take responsibilty for their actions, they seem to want others to do that for them, and that is what it seems like here. Sorry, but if you made mistake of letting your kids into the room and you KNOW there might be a chance of them hearing or reading foul language then it is YOUR fault as well as the one cussing.
I just think HT & Co are working on bigger and better things for AH, and yes someday they might/will put in a range vox squelch command/button, along with a perm squelch list.

SCDR

No, I don't think you are on the same sheet of music.  I don't think you condemn the people doing it.  That is just as bad as condoning it.  I think it would be nice to be able to squelch any channel on AH and I hope that gets done someday.  But even with that , the problem will still exist.  As demonstrated to me last night by HITCHER on a Mission, on the Mission Channel.  Every other word out of his mouth.  When I asked “HITCHER do you kiss your wife with that mouth” thinking that he would get the message, his response was “yes and I eat her _USSY with it too”.  It’s just a total lack of respect for others and a lack of respect for himself and his wife.  No, I didn’t think to hit the film button to record it.  I just squelched him.  Not because I was afraid children would hear him, but because I didn’t want to hear him.  I found it offensive.    And I condemn him for talking like that, he is wrong, not me, not you, not anyone else, but HITCHER is dead wrong.  But my experience so far is that he will not change, he doesn’t know how to help himself.  He is either to ignorant or to arrogant to stop.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2005, 12:38:39 PM »
Originally posted by JB73

bal bla bla bla

I can't have the ability to squelch, because you may not be able to check six me?  You have to be kiding me.  Whats next.  Hardwire my speakers on so I cannot turn them off?  Maybe prevent me from loging off the game while you are defending a base?  We seem to be getting a lot of the things/futures that we don't care or make a difference.  However, the one small thing that is probably the easyest change ever requested from HT, we cannont have.  More over, we have ******* explaining to us why we should not have it.  :confused:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2005, 12:46:58 PM »
deleted because replying to 99% of these 'i want' threads is a total f***ing waste of time.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 05:45:40 PM by hubsonfire »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Heretik

• Nickel Member
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2005, 01:03:30 PM »

yeah that should about cover it.

Offline g00b

• Nickel Member
« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2005, 01:24:08 PM »
OK,

Here I am to bring some sence of order to this mess :)

HiTech please add the following:

1. Perma-squelching.

2. Range-squelching.

Both are reasonable requests that do not negatively impact those who choose not to implement these options.

We should not be FORCED to listen to voice comms we find offensive. We should not be FORCED to re-squelch every possible offender every time we log in.

If players are disadvantaged because they can no longer hear a VOX check-6, that is their choice. There's still the check-6 button.

Why anyone would find these suggestions unreasonable is beyond me... Napoleon complex?

g00b

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2005, 01:37:08 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
You have absolutely no reason to believe every one of 5000 different people from all over the world are going to act according to your standards.

Nothing prevents you from squelching those people. I have a personal list of people I can't tolerate being on range with- I can squelch them all in a matter of seconds. Its already the easiest possible request you could make -It's already in the game!

Sorry dedalos, but you don't make 1 single valid point in there. I also noticed the text filter dinked you. Whining about permasquelch for profanity while using profanities doesn't cut the mustard with me.

First they are not my standards or your standards, they are the standards set by HiTechCreations.  
Second, I'd guess that HiTech expects all players to meet that standard.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2005, 04:09:00 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
You have absolutely no reason to believe every one of 5000 different people from all over the world are going to act according to your standards.

Nothing prevents you from squelching those people. I have a personal list of people I can't tolerate being on range with- I can squelch them all in a matter of seconds. Its already the easiest possible request you could make -It's already in the game!

Sorry dedalos, but you don't make 1 single valid point in there. I also noticed the text filter dinked you. Whining about permasquelch for profanity while using profanities doesn't cut the mustard with me.

HUB,

It was not the filter, it was me that typed the asteriks.  I am not making any point.  You are right.  I am making a request.  I would like to be able to not listen to range if I so choose.  This does not effect anyone else but HT and ME.  NOT YOU.  Why do YOU even have an opinion about a request I make to HT that will have no impact on YOU.  It does not effect you.  Why are you fighting it?  Explain that if you please couse its really buging me.

Now go back to cutting mustard:rolleyes:

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2005, 04:12:20 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
I can't have the ability to squelch, because you may not be able to check six me?  You have to be kiding me.  Whats next.  Hardwire my speakers on so I cannot turn them off?  Maybe prevent me from loging off the game while you are defending a base?  We seem to be getting a lot of the things/futures that we don't care or make a difference.  However, the one small thing that is probably the easyest change ever requested from HT, we cannont have.  More over, we have ******* explaining to us why we should not have it.  :confused:
asking for this option, while using both profanity and a personal attack....

makes sence to me
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2005, 04:21:06 PM »
Originally posted by JB73
asking for this option, while using both profanity and a personal attack....

makes sence to me

There was no profanity used.  I typed them in.  Now give us a good reason I should not have that option or go away.  Personal attack, well, if thats how you see it. :D   It was a summary of what you said.  At this point, it is not so mach about having the ability to squelch but more about understanding why you, or anyone else, does not want us to have it.  I really can't see how it effects you.  I just don't get it.

Offline SCDR

• Copper Member
« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2005, 04:24:13 PM »
Originally posted by Traveler
No, I don't think you are on the same sheet of music.  I don't think you condemn the people doing it.  That is just as bad as condoning it.  I think it would be nice to be able to squelch any channel on AH and I hope that gets done someday.  But even with that , the problem will still exist.  As demonstrated to me last night by HITCHER on a Mission, on the Mission Channel.  Every other word out of his mouth.  When I asked “HITCHER do you kiss your wife with that mouth” thinking that he would get the message, his response was “yes and I eat her _USSY with it too”.  It’s just a total lack of respect for others and a lack of respect for himself and his wife.  No, I didn’t think to hit the film button to record it.  I just squelched him.  Not because I was afraid children would hear him, but because I didn’t want to hear him.  I found it offensive.    And I condemn him for talking like that, he is wrong, not me, not you, not anyone else, but HITCHER is dead wrong.  But my experience so far is that he will not change, he doesn’t know how to help himself.  He is either to ignorant or to arrogant to stop.

Your opinion, not mine.:D  If it bothers you so much, film it and send in.

SCDR

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2005, 04:24:16 PM »
By theway,

HT can and this by saig Will do some time, or will never do, or whatever.

Offline SCDR

• Copper Member
« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2005, 04:28:22 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
By theway,

HT can and this by saig Will do some time, or will never do, or whatever.

Huh?

SCDR

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2005, 04:35:43 PM »

SCDR

Taking responsibility? I take that everytime I squelch someone. Geesh maybe  those with kids / grandkids / nieces and nephews should just put a sign on the door.

"Aces High II in progress. Some language may be offensive to children or some adults. Do Not enter as the flyer may have been irrespnsible and left the speakers on instead of the headphones."

Don't preach that "Taking responsibility" crap. I don't give a hoot who says what to who about anything and the language they use doing it. I DO however give a hoot when KIDS are around.

Why don't we just ask the PEOPLE TALKING like that to take responsiblity. Nope..that would infringe on there "Right" to freely express themselves.

Bunch a dang horse crap.

No impact what so ever on people. None. zero. Nadda.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2005, 05:46:59 PM »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech