Author Topic: Another New Film  (Read 980 times)

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
Another New Film
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2005, 05:06:13 PM »
Since nobody posts on my forums... I figured I would add my two cents...

Dlitz,

The best advice I can offer you, not that you asked, is don't settle.  Each one of us has a vision of a flick in our head,  and the only one that has to be happy with it is you.   You are never going to make something that everyone will love,  there will always be someone that needs to add their two cents in, but I guess that is the price we pay for doing this.  

The best way to learn is trial and error, I remember when I started, watching stuff that was made in IL-2.  I was like "how the heck did they do that?" I would try to edit like they did to no avail.

Try baby steps first, then gradually get into the harder stuff.  I learned that the hard way after editing for hours on something, having it not turn out like the other guys did.

I would say the most important part of a "Virtual" movie is the music... it sets the mood, whether it be rock, classical, or soundtrack... listen to it... find the high and low points in it, it will help on where you need to set up scenes at.

As for content of the movie, view and other things.. set it up in your head or on paper... watch the scene you want to set up before you record it in fraps.  I myself watch stuff so much I get tired of it...

I am not trying to step on anyones toes, Alf and Zaphod are great movie makers.. you can learn a lot from them...

Stream
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 05:08:15 PM by o0Stream140o »

Offline Dlitz

• Zinc Member
Another New Film
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2005, 07:48:41 PM »
Hey all of you guys keep up the input NEED MORE INPUT. And thanks loads

Dlitz

Offline ALF

• Silver Member
      • http://www.mikethinks.com
Another New Film
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2005, 09:11:33 PM »
I have toes?

Offline Zaphod

• Copper Member
Another New Film
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2005, 11:04:41 PM »
Originally posted by o0Stream140o
Since nobody posts on my forums... I figured I would add my two cents...

Dlitz,

The best advice I can offer you, not that you asked, is don't settle.  Each one of us has a vision of a flick in our head,  and the only one that has to be happy with it is you.   You are never going to make something that everyone will love,  there will always be someone that needs to add their two cents in, but I guess that is the price we pay for doing this.  

The best way to learn is trial and error, I remember when I started, watching stuff that was made in IL-2.  I was like "how the heck did they do that?" I would try to edit like they did to no avail.

Try baby steps first, then gradually get into the harder stuff.  I learned that the hard way after editing for hours on something, having it not turn out like the other guys did.

I would say the most important part of a "Virtual" movie is the music... it sets the mood, whether it be rock, classical, or soundtrack... listen to it... find the high and low points in it, it will help on where you need to set up scenes at.

As for content of the movie, view and other things.. set it up in your head or on paper... watch the scene you want to set up before you record it in fraps.  I myself watch stuff so much I get tired of it...

I am not trying to step on anyones toes, Alf and Zaphod are great movie makers.. you can learn a lot from them...

Stream

I couldn't agree more strongly.  I think of most of what I have edited as almost a music video.  I spend more time picking out music to go with a particular film than anything.  I have to find the right tune for the mood and one with the timing that is sorta close.  I then spend time listening to a couple or three tunes and making notes on timing so that I can deal with the timing of the visuals.  Whatever you decide to do...it's your deal.  While it's nice that others like your films they are yours.  Make sure you are happy with it and don't worry about other folks :).

Check around the boards for tips etc (thats what I do...again esp Stream, Morph and Alf's stuff among others).  I'm pretty new at this stuff.

Alf...I want to get into the multiple scenes thing...I just haven't got it square in my head yet on how to integrate it with the new editing software.

Stream...I keep forgetting to check your site dangit.

Zaphod

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
Another New Film
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2005, 11:16:33 PM »
If you don't give this out...

I am making a video for the ~Hell's Angels~, an old squad I used to fly with...

http://www.ahvirtualcinema.com/HA_1.mpg