Author Topic: Deaf Police Story  (Read 650 times)

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
Deaf Police Story
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2005, 11:02:34 PM »
Ah, well.  

I had few troubles in the past that when I found out I was deaf when I was 2-3 years old and making my parents freak out that they didn't know what to do until they call for help.  When I got help from Arkansas Children Hospital, one the speech therapy told my parents that I should do Oral or Sign Languages and my parents choose Oral because they felt that I derserve to talk instead learning Sign Language which making people hard to understand (Many people really don't know Sign Language).

I really hardly don't wear hearing aid anymore because I had sugery from last year which I getting Cochlear Implants on my right ear and it's pretty much louder than hearing aid/digital hearing aid.
Rafe35
Former member of VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Deaf Police Story
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2005, 11:05:45 PM »
Originally posted by Rafe35
Ah, well.  

I had few troubles in the past that when I found out I was deaf when I was 2-3 years old and making my parents freak out that they didn't know what to do until they call for help.  When I got help from Arkansas Children Hospital, one the speech therapy told my parents that I should do Oral or Sign Languages and my parents choose Oral because they felt that I derserve to talk instead learning Sign Language which making people hard to understand (Many people really don't know Sign Language).

I really hardly don't wear hearing aid anymore because I had sugery from last year which I getting Cochlear Implants on my right ear and it's pretty much louder than hearing aid/digital hearing aid.

Hows the Cochlear Implant working for you?

It's said (sad is what I meant but works out either way) though, works for some, and not others...
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
Deaf Police Story
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2005, 11:24:09 PM »
Originally posted by Hawklore
Hows the Cochlear Implant working for you?

It's said (sad is what I meant but works out either way) though, works for some, and not others...

Well, Glad you ask me on that question.

I gotta say that Cochlear Implants is the best "Hearing Aid" that I have been actually hearing alot new things that I have not heard before and I am really thinking about get another one for my left ear in next year because I have been complaining to my audiologist that I cannot hear my left ear anymore.  So on, I'm still making plans for upcoming next for Cochlear Implants on my left ear in next year.

Many people really like Cochlear Implants after they got turn on, but some people hate the Cochlear Implants that they thought it was useless and the reason why they hate because they didn't give Cochlear Implants a chance (Take a long time to get used it).
Rafe35
Former member of VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Deaf Police Story
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2005, 11:56:44 PM »
Just curious Rafe, the people that dont like them.....are they usually people who had their hearing for a good while and lost it or are they representative of a fairly broad spectrum?  I'm glad to hear (pardon the pun) that yours is working well for you.  I hope the other one is even more successful.

Offline GrimCO

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.GrimsReapers.com
Deaf Police Story
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2005, 12:39:03 AM »
Here's one I pulled as a cop trying to be "Officer Friendly".

I had worked the midnight shift for three years in a row, and decided to go to the day shift. Having dealt with pretty much nothing but scumbags while working midnights, I was relieved to be able to see some normal people. I decided that I would drop in on some of the businesses in my zone, and do a little "PR" by introducing myself, etc...

I walked into a body shop and saw a nice looking woman behind the desk, and introduced myself as the officer that would be working this area. During the conversation I noticed one of those swimsuit calendars hanging on the wall, typical in a mechanic's shop. She told me to take a look at the picture for the month of July, and I discovered that she was the model for that month. As I continued to thumb through the calendar, I came across one of the models who was quite homely. I made it a point to show her the picture, and said "God, that woman has no business wearing a bikini". She then informed me in a very disgusted tone that this woman was her sister.

I soon figured out that whoever owned this shop had some of his aquaintances model for the calendar. Needless to say, I was quite embarrassed and left.