Author Topic: Enabling Stick Sets  (Read 416 times)

Offline HarveyWarnick

• Zinc Member
Enabling Stick Sets
« on: September 08, 2001, 08:14:00 AM »
:confused: I am a recent AW convert. I purchased a flight control system that has a stick with an 8-way hat. Please explain, in detail, how I setup an additional stick set for 8 additional up views.
                        Thanks,
                         Mirth
haveyjw@mediaone.net[/EMAIL]

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
Enabling Stick Sets
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2001, 11:16:00 AM »
Mirth,
  I remapped my look up key to the letter R.  When I pan across the upper views I just hit R and move my hat switch.  This works better for me than trying to track a con and switch stick sets. (The default is keypad5 and I am right handed.. it was a reach to hit it with my left hand).  I also remapped down to the T key (keypad 0 ) and I can look down over the sides of my plane by hitting T and moving the hat.
  I am not sure if you can map in game 2 keystrokes to the stick or not.
  On the second stickset I have trim mapped to my hat and mapped shft1 to change to stickset1 shft2 to change to stickset2(trim).  Be warned you have to map the same keys in both sticksets for switching or you will be lost in stickset land at the wrong time.  
  I will try to take a few minutes today to check out multiple key strokes and the sticksets.

S!
Rocket

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Enabling Stick Sets
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2001, 06:08:00 PM »
What rocket described is one way of doing it.

Another way is to map a joystick button to the stick set key. There is kind of a trick to this if you want a single button to alternate stick sets.

Go to setup/stickmapping/global keys, scroll down to "stick set 1".

On my MS sidewinder I use button 2 for the stick set button.

Across the top you'll see the 4 stick sets.

..............Set 1  set 2  set 3 set 4
stick set 1   none   but 2  none  none
stick set 2   but 2  none   none  none  
stick set 3   none   none   none  none
stick set 4   none   none   none  none

Set it up like above use whichever button is easiest for you to use. You'll use it a LOT.

Also I set up guns to fire full guns on set 1, and primary only on set 2.

Then go to view keys, map all the "UP" views to your hat, make sure you have "set 2" selected.

Apply, go on runway & test it. If you have trouble give me a yell at billj69@qwest.net
I'll email you screen shots of my setups and
if neccessary will meet you & help talk you through it.

[ 09-08-2001: Message edited by: Ghosth ]