Author Topic: Map Field Status Information  (Read 294 times)

Offline stantond

• Nickel Member
Map Field Status Information
« on: April 15, 2005, 09:25:17 PM »
Does the field map status only display correct information for your own countries fields?  How does the field status work?  I can see any fields status, both enemy and friendly, but often the enemy field status is not correct.  It seems the friendly field status is not correct either sometimes, but it's not that hard to just go to the field and check.  

Any one know how the map field status works?  It does not seem to be quite as intuitive as I would expect.

Regards,

Malta

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 09:57:59 PM »
The field status works for all countries and can be used to check on an HQ, a whole zone, or just a base. The information is accurate while you're looking at it, but whatever was damaged/up might become repaired/damaged while you move to the base.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 07:21:17 PM »
What part doesn't seem correct?
I know the big thing I have to usually explain is  the 'City' catagory is not the town status near a base. It's the strategic 'C' on the map.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline stantond

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 10:33:37 PM »
I recently had the experience of seeing nme FH down per field status and radio messages that it was up.  This isn't the first time this has happened and varies between maps.  I have grown to distrust the field status information about fighter hangers and vh.  The barracks, ordinance and radar status seem ok.  Could it be a lag in the field status updates for the nme?  

Or, it could be I don't quite understand what the field status is saying.   Perhaps I need to factor in the various regeneration times for enemy FH and VH.  

Regards,

Malta

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2005, 10:22:58 AM »
In my experience I've found them to be 'fairly' accurate in all aspects. I would think lag would only give a few second delay in updating it but I could be wrong there. I use the right click a base on radarmap and use the base status indicator opposed to the 'Strat' area. I know sometimes that radio can get confusing because people don't always say 'FH at A28 are up' and they shorten it to 'FH up' and then your left wondering which field is he talking about. Even if it's range channel your not guarenteed its regarding the base you think it is.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54