Author Topic: old style airfields  (Read 557 times)

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
old style airfields
« on: March 09, 2005, 04:18:03 PM »
i see alot of people making cool layouts, and neat buildings for airfield layouts...

remember in the CT and sometimes in the SEA back in AH1 there were airfields that were just a big grass circle, with sparce objects out to one edge?

those were cool, and somewhat realistic for the smaller airfields on some of the maps.

1. is anyone working on those

2. i have an idea to help gameplay on them:

currently the default FH's were moved in the MA so they were not all together and 1 bomber could close a field 1 pass low.

in those old circle airfields they had 1 or 2 hangars but were tougher or something. in the MA i know you can't spend the time changing the hardness of the objects, so what if you made 4-5 small (like 1 plane in size) hangars with the standard hardness. hide them in the trees (or near) and the base could work as well or better than the small bases now i think.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
old style airfields
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 07:50:56 PM »
Those AH1 custom "backwoods airfields" were in my first FinRus map and also Kurland map about two years ago.

Me and BlauK are working with those square fields just now and they are coming to the new Finland map (to SEA and CT) which is now under work for us.

We have yet couple of problems with those fields, but I hope we solve them soon!  ;)

Our fighter hangers are going to be more revitment or plane dugout looking...

And thank you for your ideas! :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 07:56:00 PM by kanttori »
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
old style airfields
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 10:09:26 AM »
are you making any custom objects for the field? (things like barrels lying around, stacks of bombs, and other scattered debris seen in pictures of remote bases)

i have in my head a great image of a field layout, i just can't figure out how to verbalize it, and i can't draw it for carp in paintshop or anything GRRRR   >: (

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
old style airfields
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 10:24:06 AM »
There are coming custom objects: Fighter revitments, couple of Finnish looking houses and most important of all: THE SAUNA! :D

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
old style airfields
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 10:37:25 AM »
sounds sweet! is there an MA map in the works, or only for the CT / SEA?

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
old style airfields
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2005, 11:05:41 AM »
This is historical SEA and CT map. There are two countries (Finland and Russia) and t is not equal to both sides. So it don't work in the MA.