Author Topic: Can't select perk bomber  (Read 515 times)

Offline Bogiee

• Zinc Member
Can't select perk bomber
« on: February 28, 2005, 08:29:58 PM »
Tried to select an AR234 with 158 perk points and got an error message: You don't have enough points for that plane.  Cost was 82 points.

Am I missing something?

Offline XrightyX

• Copper Member
Can't select perk bomber
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 10:32:02 PM »
If you are flying in formation...you have to pay for all 3.

Offline Bogiee

• Zinc Member
Can't select perk bomber
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 04:28:49 AM »
Thank you XrightyX.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Can't select perk bomber
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 01:46:53 AM »
I tried it tonight just to check.  I dont fly perk stuff much.  Even more rarely do I fly bombers.  I had 80 bomber perks.  Ar234 cost was 69 perks.  No formation selected.  It told me I didnt have enough perks.

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
Can't select perk bomber
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 02:22:08 AM »
The point is you cant select it to unselect the formation.

Try to go to TA, select it there, uncheck formation, log out and in again.
After that you can select it in ma.

Formation selection is specific for each plane.. so unchecking formation on b17s and then selecting arados wont work if you flew a formation of arados in ta before.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
Can't select perk bomber
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 11:35:05 AM »
It is already unchecked in my setup.  I puposely set all my bombers to no formations some time ago, simply because I dont fly them that often, there are too many issues associated with formations that I dont want to have to deal with if I decide to fly one, and it avoids the issue of perkies being wasted on something I dont care to use anyway (having a formation).

Again.  I didnt try to takeoff in one.  I just pulled the bird up on my screen.  It told me I didnt have enough perks to fly it.  I did.  It was already  setup as a single bird, not a formation.  Simple enough.

Offline Ohio43

• Copper Member
Can't select perk bomber
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 11:07:04 AM »
It is minutely possible that the ENY value changed on you before you selected it.

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
Can't select perk bomber
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2005, 02:33:03 AM »
Ok, maybe you need to have the formation necessary perks eaven if you have it single. Some people with low bomber perks want to check if they can select it when they have less than 3 times necessary perks?

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
Can't select perk bomber
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2005, 11:59:54 AM »
Originally posted by Ohio43
It is minutely possible that the ENY value changed on you before you selected it.

Thats what I am thinking Ohio, HT has stated before on another subject that sometimes things can update on the server but not show on your screen, especially if you had the screen up already.  It's very possible the perk cost of the bomber went up significantly and it just hadn't refreshed on my screen.

Schutt's explanation is also plausible, there could be a bug that requires you to have enough perks to buy the formation before it lets you buy the single.

Offline ocdude

• Zinc Member
Can't select perk bomber
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2005, 01:31:54 AM »
it has happened to me before, i just click on arado with plenty of points, it says i dont have enuf, then i click the runway and its there, so try deploying